provisional drivers license (1 Viewer)

talkingllama

So, it about time i learn how to drive. :eek: Thing is, I've already had one provisional drivers license back in around 2000 which expired and i never applied for a second provisional.

Now, do I have to do the drivers theory test and get my second provisional that way? or because i've already had one can i just find it, can send it in along with my new application form, money and pics?

any help appreciated !ninjaaaa

If your last license expired more than 5 years ago you'll have to do the theory test... otherwise you can just apply for the new license.

Was in the same situation myself a few months ago... just scraped though.

thanks Squiggle. I think i've just missed it so. crap. anyone fancy doing the driver theory test for me? been putting this off for far too long...

That's a pity... I was happy not to have to do the theory test... expensive enough business as it is.

I couldn't find my old license but they were able to tell me from the system when it expired... might be worth calling them and asking.

talkinglama said:
thanks Squiggle. I think i've just missed it so. crap. anyone fancy doing the driver theory test for me? been putting this off for far too long...
They take your picture after the test and this pic is on your provisional licence. You'll need to present it for the real test and obviously unless you get someone who looks like you to do the test, it will be a problem.

They're always one step ahead!

Wilbert said:
They take your picture after the test and this pic is on your provisional licence. You'll need to present it for the real test and obviously unless you get someone who looks like you to do the test, it will be a problem.

I just sent off for my first provisional license- i had to send two passport type photos-so i assume one of these will be used on the license, not the one they took in the Theory test place?

Wilbert said:
you get someone who looks like you to do the test, it will be a problem.

damn! if only my twin sister was identical! :p (in reality this wouldn't work cause she can't drive either but she could have sat the test twice for both of us...)

Wilbert said:

heh, no they use one of your passport photos. the photo they take post-theory test goes on the little cert you get which you need to present to get your provisional. I'm glad they dont put that pic on the licence itself coz back when I did mine it was a case of

Dude: "look over there at the webcam"
Me: "over where?"
Dude: "over there"
*FLASH CLICK*
Me: "over where??"

Hence me looking misty-eyed into the distance.

Anyway, pick your full driving licence passport photo carefully. That shit lasts 10 years after all. Mine isn't even a year old and already I'm starting to regret it... :eek:

roxy said:
heh, no they use one of your passport photos. the photo they take post-theory test goes on the little cert you get which you need to present to get your provisional. I'm glad they dont put that pic on the licence itself coz back when I did mine it was a case of

Dude: "look over there at the webcam"
Me: "over where?"
Dude: "over there"
*FLASH CLICK*
Me: "over where??"

Hence me looking misty-eyed into the distance.

Thats right, it's coming back to me now. :)
I knew you needed one to get the other.

talkinglama said:
damn! if only my twin sister was identical! :p (in reality this wouldn't work cause she can't drive either but she could have sat the test twice for both of us...)

The test isn't so bad. I did it last year.
You can pick up a book in Easons that has every single question as they appear in the test. Multiple choice with three options (mostly pictures of road signs, road markings etc).

They use negative marking though, which is a bit mean...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back