sarah

Website
www.flickr.com
If I want to find out which development company owns
abandoned looking lots and property around the city how
do I go about it?
Most of the ones I've been looking at have only got
contact details for either demolition or security companies
both of which don't have or don't want to give out any information.
Is there an index out there any you architects know?
:confused:

sarah said:
If I want to find out which development company owns
abandoned looking lots and property around the city how
do I go about it?
Most of the ones I've been looking at have only got
contact details for either demolition or security companies
both of which don't have or don't want to give out any information.
Is there an index out there any you architects know?
:confused:

yeah the municipal government should have a register type thing to tell you who owns what. phone the council and ask.

or you could hazard a guess and reckon that Treasury Holdings and Zoe Development own them all between them.

Question
Basically the same question as the one here above

But I'm trying to help someone establish ownership of a property
Their parent has died and left them the house, but the solicitor said they need proof that the parent owned it
The parent bought the house yonks ago and there is no paper trail
The solicitor has been slow to answer follow up emails
Where do you go that says

143 Drumcondra Road - legal owner Joe McGreen or whatever?

Question
Basically the same question as the one here above

But I'm trying to help someone establish ownership of a property
Their parent has died and left them the house, but the solicitor said they need proof that the parent owned it
The parent bought the house yonks ago and there is no paper trail
The solicitor has been slow to answer follow up emails
Where do you go that says

143 Drumcondra Road - legal owner Joe McGreen or whatever?
If there was a mortgage the bank should have a record of the deeds. They may even still have them.

Thanks

Bought with cash :-(
I thought the solicitor handling the conveyance was responsible for registering the transfer so that should have happened back in the day.

Because the Registry of Deeds keeps a memorial or ROD application form summarising the change of ownership or mortgage, you can get a copy of this document to replace a lost or misplaced deed. A memorial or ROD application form does not have the same legal effect as a deed but provides secondary evidence of the contents of the deed.

just got the survey report on a place that I went sale agreed on recently. Showing up some seepage issue from an en suite shower that has got in behind the tiles and caused a bit of floorboard decay and signs of damp on downstairs ceiling being painted over.

I’m getting a plumber to get a quote on how much this could potentially cost to rectify mid week. But obviously he can only base this price on a visual check rather than ripping things up. In Thumped’s experience, is this type of issue something a vendor may be willing to throw some cash at. Not all, but some ? Obviously different story for different circumstances and vendors. Just trying to get a feel for what the general way things like this play out.

Sellers market etc. so also very aware that it could simply be a matter of, ‘You wanted the gaff so you can pay for every bit of the shit you have to too’

I don't know about claiming back stuff.

I did just strip out my whole shower though for similar reasons on the basis that i can do that bit myself and then get a pro in to stick it back together and not have to pay them the demolition bit

but the vendor is not going to have that fixed - nor would you want them to, they'd lash in the cheapest job possible.
was there a bidding war for the property? i.e. if you said 'i'm dropping my offer by 2k to reflect the repair costs', do they have an alternate bidder who'd be happy to step in?
they may not want the hassle of relisting for the 2k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back