Promoters.. A simple request (2 Viewers)

Thebeard

Dear music promoters,

Can you please organise for Little Wings to play a gig in Dublin in August? He is over in Wales for the Greenman Festival and will surely be available to come over. Please make this request a reality and make a little man very happy.

Yours longingly,
Morg:heart:

i mailed kyle field the other month when he was playing london to see if there was any chance he'd come over. He said he wouldn't have time that time round. I think he's mainly doing art these days and not doing huge amounts of gigs. someone should definitely get on this though.

i mailed kyle field the other month when he was playing london to see if there was any chance he'd come over. He said he wouldn't have time that time round. I think he's mainly doing art these days and not doing huge amounts of gigs. someone should definitely get on this though.

Sent him an email today so maybe he'll get back to me. Although it would probably sound alot better coming from a promoter and offering a venue. is it possible for one to contact UMack or foggy to make this kind of request?

Foggy Notions presents

Little Wings
& special guest

Upstairs @ Whelan's on Wed August 13th, 8pm

tickets €10 plus booking fee - on sale Wed July 16 from City Discs, Road, WAV and tickets.ie

Foggy Notions presents

Little Wings
& special guest

Upstairs @ Whelan's on Wed August 13th, 8pm

tickets €10 plus booking fee - on sale Wed July 16 from City Discs, Road, WAV and tickets.ie

You don't understand how much this means to me. God bless you Foggy.:heart:

Fucking brilliant!!!

And we don't even have to withstand A Silver Mt ZZZZZ this time round either!!

So everybody here a Little Wings fan yeah? Think i started up a LW thread a couple of years back to little response. He is great.

sweet!!! almost traveled to london earlier in the year but couldn't get the time off, nice work!!! can't wait

sweet!!! almost traveled to london earlier in the year but couldn't get the time off, nice work!!! can't wait

Yeah me too, was contemplating the Greenman festival in Wales aswell. Problem solved. Really like upstairs in Whelans, perfect for LW anyway.

Foggy Notions presents

LITTLE WINGS

+ Goodtime John

Upstairs @ Whelan’s, Wed August 13, 8pm

Tickets €10 plus booking fee from WAV, www.tickets.ie, Road Records & City Discs

“Kyle Field owns a preternaturally heartbreaking voice.” – Pitchfork

“Little Wings’ sound ranges song to song from Beach Boys-inspired sun-soaked indie pop to country influenced folk rock.” – Dusted Magazine

Foggy Notions presents the debut Irish performance of influential American songwriter, performer and acclaimed visual artist Kyle Field, aka Little Wings.

Kyle Field describes himself as a person who writes songs and records them and puts them out as recordings under the band name Little Wings. “I see it as an ever-changing art project where I can take on different identities and roles with associations with those around me. I don't have band practices very much. My band always changes. I don't travel with equipment, equipment is everywhere and so I borrow whole band's gear in order to do live band sets.”

Field was born in Alabama, the son of a college football coach, but his family quickly moved to California where he grew up to love surfing. Originally formed in the seaside town of San Luis Obispo, the music of Little Wings completely imbibes the environment in which it was conceived. The loosely assembled membership revolves around Field and sometimes includes drummer Adam Selzer, keyboardist Rob Kieswetter, and bassist Mark Leece.

After collaborations with many regional artists, including Jason Lytle of Grandaddy, Field left his California musical family for the greener pastures of Portland, OR, to let the new chapter of the Little Wings almanac be influenced by the fresh naturalism of the Pacific Northwest and to continue the band’s exploration of non-traditional song structures.

With their internet-exclusive second album Wonder City, Little Wings added to the their loosely conceptual Wonder Trilogy in 2000, featuring the efforts of Field and Whitney Moon. Wonderue completed the trilogy in 2002; later that year, Light Green Leaves arrived. The following year, Harvest Joy appeared, and Field continued his prolific streak with 2004's Magic Wand. A year later, K Records released his next album of abstract bursts, titled Grow, and then he moved toward more traditional pastures with the sleepy Soft Pow'r in 2007.

Field has played bass in the band Rodriguez with M Ward and Mike Funk. Devendra Banhart also invited Field and his friends to join his latest European tour as his backing band.

Field’s paintings and illustrations can be explored on: www.kyledraws.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back