(Probably another) Andy Irvine Appreciation Thread. (1 Viewer)

The record is out in the next two weeks. Deadly show, plenty of stuff I hadn't heard before. I wish I'd got a seat. I don't mind standing for gigs but when everyone else is sitting it's kinda a drag. :)

The record is out in the next two weeks. Deadly show, plenty of stuff I hadn't heard before. I wish I'd got a seat. I don't mind standing for gigs but when everyone else is sitting it's kinda a drag. :)

that's great news about the record! sorry I couldn't make this. I was just finishing a 12 hour shift as doors were opening. next time!

Cheers for that! Andybody heading to see him with Dick Gaughan in a few weeks. Will be my first time seeing him play. Can't wait!

Listening to that German show is making me very excited about it! Are they playing together or seperate sets?

How was this Dick Gaughan/Andy Irvine gig? Been listening to DG's Handful of Earth a bit recently, great stuff. I have a big soft spot for slow ones like Craigie Hill and The Snows They Melt The Soonest

How was this Dick Gaughan/Andy Irvine gig? Been listening to DG's Handful of Earth a bit recently, great stuff. I have a big soft spot for slow ones like Craigie Hill and The Snows They Melt The Soonest

well I really enjoyed this. Andy set first, then they did a few songs together, Dick solo and then more together I think. It was sold out or very close to it. Andy has started playing Come to the Bower recently and it's a great addition to his sets.

June 16th at Vicar Street - Andy's 70th birthday with Sweeney's Men, Mozaik, Paul Brady, Donal Lunny, Liam O'Flynn, Paddy Glackin.

Definitely going to try make it over for this!

Just had to post it because it's amazing.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back