(Probably another) Andy Irvine Appreciation Thread. (1 Viewer)

anyone make it to the gig last night? 'mazin. roll on mozaik.

just saw this thread and feel compelled to add ... Andy Irvine is an absolute legend ... west coast of clare is genius !

Go see him if you ever get the chance

Trad on .|..|

just saw this thread and feel compelled to add ... Andy Irvine is an absolute legend ... west coast of clare is genius !

Go see him if you ever get the chance

Trad on .|..|

That song brings tears whenever i hear it. That and the song about o'donoghues
are just marvelously written. Paints such a clear picture in the mind. Its a pity O'donaghues is full of very loud suits and tourists (not that i've anything against either you just cant hear yourself think/play-I did indeed mean back up musician in an earlier post, usually refered to as a back-er. I dont think its a real word

I presume they mean back up performer, which is plain wrong in the case of Brady/Irvine.

No i mean guitarist/bozouki/mandola players or the like. Someone backing the melody line on an instrument mentioned or similar. Which totally applies to both

a genius and a gentleman.

a few years back i wanted to learn a tune he did, i couldn't work it out so in desperation i mailed his website for info. he replied from his personal email address with the musical score for it a few days later.

then i met him at a gig and i wanted to give him a cd i didn't have with me, he emailed me his home address a few days later.

what a swell guy.

Odd that this got thread got bumped. I was listening to the Mozaik album just now.

He's a pure gem :heart:

the gig last week was deadly. he played West Coast Of Clare at the end :heart:
also he has recorded a new solo album. hope it sees the light of day soon. i think the last Mozaik album took about 2 years to come out after it was recorded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back