Pro Tools 8 (1 Viewer)

musicmatty

Anybody got Pro Tools 8 yet? Any thoughts? I'm particularly interested in how the soft synths compare to Logic's collection.

They needed to up their game a bit - Logic has been way better for a while. I'm upgrading my gear and I was contemplating switching from Tools to Logic, but now with PT 8 I'm thinking otherwise....but I'm not sure.

Think I might take the plunge and upgrade, but 1 thing puzzles me.
PT8 boasts 8gb of content for the instruments etc... But the upgrade is only 4gb. What gives?

EDIT: Looks like the 8gb applies to the HD version, not my bog standard M Powered

yeah, we just got this in school. it sounds much better than the old version. i still hate pro tools though.

i reckon its for poeple who can't play their instruments proper like, or are just to lazy to play anymore. like, cut and past that shit man!

however, we didn't need to do anything to the drums, just kept them as they were. it has a pretty warm sound. even tracks done with the old version sound warmer through it.

Yeah I got it there before xmas...Its a decent upgrade man...the new virtual instruments are quality..vacuum is a quality synth, the mini grand is deadly..the new air effects are deadly...i could go on...having 10 inserts is nice too..id recommend it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back