pride vs rte (1 Viewer)

So the UK have closed that Tavistock place, in its place is gonna be a clinic with more oversight

And they're putting only people born as women into women's prisons, with individual cases reviewed as needed

Along with the sporting decisions, it seems like things are sorting themselves out with a bit of actual nuance

I do think that the experiences of trans men are probably covered less widely, the writer of that piece mentioned a few things about his life that I'd never really considered and that much of the coverage in the public discussion about trans people is taken up by a focus on trans women and the levels of hostility towards them/the terrible way they are erasing womenhood (delate as appropriate to which side someone is coming from).

I wouldn't say that the lack of attention given to trans-men is nasty but some more time should probably be given to the challenges facing them as they try to live in society . But I do think a lot of the discourse around trans-women is incredibly nasty.

edit: reading my original post back I see where the confusion about my intent was, unclear writing on my part

Right, on the subject of problems trans men face, it seems we can include their kids being attacked.

That is beyond distressing. I don’t think the expected conversion therapy bill will be anyway helpful here.
Again it’s teenagers immune to consequences doing it. I feel like my Nana, but those feckin no good kids!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back