Prefab Sprout fans (1 Viewer)

Great band,That gig at The Point in 1990 I think will go down forever as one of my best gigs,far superior than The Olympia one.

I intend to have doo wop in harlem as one of my Funeral songs.......

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/record_review/44979-steve-mcqueen-deluxe-edition

interesting review...

in records such as the Blue Nile's A Walk Across The Rooftops, the Pet Shop Boys' Please, Kate Bush's Hounds of Love, Scritti's Cupid and Psyche 85, and especially in Prefab Sprout's Steve McQueen, you have some of the most beautiful, enduring British pop music ever made. For a year or two, just before Live Aid and Q magazine, the challenge of making new pop for grown-ups without being dowdy, smug, or jaded was met, quite superbly

hhhhhmmmmm....

anyone bought the CD, I was about to, but couldn't justify 20 quid on an album I already have... are the acoustic versions up too much?

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/record_review/44979-steve-mcqueen-deluxe-edition

interesting review...

in records such as the Blue Nile's A Walk Across The Rooftops, the Pet Shop Boys' Please, Kate Bush's Hounds of Love, Scritti's Cupid and Psyche 85, and especially in Prefab Sprout's Steve McQueen, you have some of the most beautiful, enduring British pop music ever made. For a year or two, just before Live Aid and Q magazine, the challenge of making new pop for grown-ups without being dowdy, smug, or jaded was met, quite superbly

hhhhhmmmmm....

anyone bought the CD, I was about to, but couldn't justify 20 quid on an album I already have... are the acoustic versions up too much?

I bought it. The acoustic versions are surprisingly good. Have it on vinyl too but never owned the original CD (you said before it wasn't too good?) but the mastering isn't bad on this one.

I bought it. The acoustic versions are surprisingly good. Have it on vinyl too but never owned the original CD (you said before it wasn't too good?) but the mastering isn't bad on this one.

I had some re-issue that was done in a fancy cardboard case, some special edition nonsense, which I think was a remaster from the late 90's or early 00's, but yeah the sound was awful, very low level and very grainy distortion as the tracks fade out... criminal job... I should really splash out, it's an album I'd listen to a lot more if I had a good copy

Good to hear the acoustic versions are worthwhile, and nice to see Paddy back in the studio in some shape or form, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for him to do someting totally astounding one of these fine days...

Deadly new Prefab tune off the new (old) record:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Best11.jpg

http://www.prefabsprout.net/oldnews.html

/QUOTE]

He looks like the unabomber now.

I never noticed the prefab sprout thread on here before. A sheer lack of deserved love! Gratuitous bump so.

What really- you think these are a good band , really , prefab sprout ?
The band that had that ' jumping frog' song. Really???????

I was thinking about them recentley and thinking what a crap name it is for a band. Put if they were just called Prefab it would be cool

Swish

What really- you think these are a good band , really , prefab sprout ?
The band that had that ' jumping frog' song. Really???????

I was thinking about them recentley and thinking what a crap name it is for a band. Put if they were just called Prefab it would be cool

Swish

We're not worthy.

I think the fact that we all participated favourably in this tread only proves that we by NO means think they're a good band. Are you having a laugh? Is he having a laugh? We're all most definitely having a laugh. Clearly.

But I love Prefab Sprout regardless of the (admittedly) stupid name because seriously I don't get how a human being can listen to (most) of the Steve McQueen album (particularly Goodbye Lucille #1) and not at least think they're a 'good' band.

this is friday, what are you talking about?

are prefab sprout playing here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back