Pre-Christmas Tension. (3 Viewers)

yep. dinner at 4, row at 7 in my house.
every. fucking. year.

bring on my own kids, festivus and the feats of strength

like, is it timetabled like that? Dinner at 4, everyone heads off to do their own thing for an hour, then reconvene back at a set location at 7 for a row?

Lets face it, families aren't meant to be together. If they were people wouldn't move out of home.

Christmas rocks. Like most of you, I don't like the buying presents part. But that's one, perhaps two, trips to town or a shopping centre to buy stuff for (many) nieces & nephews.
There rest of it is all about going out, eating gluttonously, sing songs, time off work, etc. What's not to like?

yep. dinner at 4, row at 7 in my house.
every. fucking. year.

In my house its more like rows every couple of hours or so. Mind you they blow over really quickly too - thats the benefit of arguing with family.

I tend to get into less arguments than everyone else - I am a tranquil sea of repressed murderous urges.

the greeks have the right idea:

_45280883_45280806.jpg

This year'll be my first chrimbo dinner with me folks in years.Me da's getting a keg in and me ma'll hopefully keep an eye on the nipper while we get our drink on.I'm into it!

My sisters gonna stagger in the door from london, coked upto the eyeballs; take one look at our sister-in law over-mothering her kids; and say what everyone's been keeping to themselves all year. Then she'll ask where i am, and we'll go to the pub; high fiving each other all the way while the rest of the clan tries to clear up the mess she made before we get back.

i'm gonna get high and stuffed full of food with my sound siblings and have a glass of wine and polite conversation with my slightly drier one. usually how it goes anyway.
sleeping in late and playing with the nieces and nephews all day will also be on the agenda.

should be graaaaaand.

I'm going to be with my folks for the first time in years.

I dunno what we'll be having for dinner, but there will be ice cream and panettone coming out my pores, and we're staying in some 17th-century palazzo that belongs to a Contessa.

Somewhere here:
http://www.italianvisits.com/images/umbria-im/orvieto-im/orvieto-view_sunset.jpg

Man, I'm gonna miss Dublin, you know?

We're taking the fuckin' train there from Paris, where I will eat so much cheese I'll be plugged up til Pentecost.*

And hopefully we'll be far away by the time my brother turns up, if he does, with his new girlfriend. Corey, my brother and your sister should hook up. Or maybe they shouldn't. If you like her they definitely shouldn't.

* I don't actually know when that is.

im not bothering my hole with christmas this year. i sent a card to the family, they can all read it at my parents house. for my week and a half off im thinking of going somewhere like this:

abel-tasman-national-park-trip.jpg

orvieto-view_sunset.jpg

That must surely help make up for your shitty year Jane.

Sorta.

My ma just wrote to me and says, "Your father tells me that your room in the Contessa's palace is very small."

Stingy minor aristocracy, wha? Some things never change.

It definitely won't suck. Except that we were actually meant to be on our honeymoon in Argentina, which had to be cancelled because I lost my job, so it wasn't our original plan.

Not that I don't like Italy, just that I still feel a bit disappointed that if it weren't for me and my idiotic choice of employment, we'd be off to South America for three weeks. I'm looking forward to it, I jsut can't help but feel really guilty that it's my fault we can't go to Argentina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back