Prague (1 Viewer)

me and my dad were offered cocaine on the
very pretty town, but sort of like a huge eastern european temple bar at times

...that's only around the tourist spots. A bit like Temple Bar then...
Read an article recently where the Mayor of Prague was wondering what to do with all the drunken Irish falling about the place.

That sounds like the New Town area which is a bit scuzzy & Temple Bar-ish alright.

The Old Town & Nerudova (across the bridge on the castle side) are lovely though.

Wenceslas Square at night reminds me of a cross between O'Connell St and Temple Bar - only shittier, if that can be imagined.

Nerudova and the Old Town I am in love with though. Possibly my favourite place in the world.

When they get the Euro in 2011 the general feeling is it'll turn into a giant cocaine fuelled sex orgy tourist palace somewhere between Temple Bar, Newcastle, bangok and Amsterdamn

The modern art gallery was nice, and some of the castle side of things, but I thought it was deadsville at night, the old town was quite lively, but a bit seedy and new town, where we were staying, had a chap at the end of the road running an improtu needle exchange

have to say, the charms of Praha were lost on me...

The modern art gallery was nice, and some of the castle side of things, but I thought it was deadsville at night, the old town was quite lively, but a bit seedy and new town, where we were staying, had a chap at the end of the road running an improtu needle exchange

have to say, the charms of Praha were lost on me...

I rented an apartment in Old Town right near the bridge. Never ventured to the new town at all as I was warned. I loved every second of it. Then again, I wasn't looking for a night life. I just hung in outside cafes under the heaters, with blankets (they provided) and drank pints. Awesome times 100.

When they get the Euro in 2011 the general feeling is it'll turn into a giant cocaine fuelled sex orgy tourist palace somewhere between Temple Bar, Newcastle, bangok and Amsterdamn

What's your source on this?

I spend more time in Prague than Dublin these days and the general concensus from talking to locals is once they can confine the Irish & British hens & stags to one area everything's aok. It's good for bidness in that part of town and there's plenty of bars off the tourist trail where you'll still get a pint for c. €2.

I stayed in one of the Castle Steps Apartments when I was there. Up the hill from the Castle, overlooking Petrin Park. So few cars there might as well not have been any. It was great.

Found a great bar that had live music in the basement, with seats for about 20 people and a waiter service. Listening to music, occasionally nodding to the waitress for another drink and smoking to my heart's content. That was great.

What's your source on this?

the tourist guide lady and a bar owner, another Irish chap metioned it as well. It'll do brilliantly for them and be the start of their Czech Tiger.... but it's already a reasonably open sex tourist destination, me and my dad, a 60 year old gent, neither of us who look like "caners" were offered cocaine opening on the street... off from the rubbish clock thingy, not a back alley or anything... it's hardly 'confined' as it is

I don't know, I'm obviously in the minority here, and there were some lovely parts to the city, but mostly I felt it was a big tourist trap

I'm sure people visit Dublin, walk around Temple Bar, in and out of you few Carrolls and maybe up Graton Street and think we're all pricks too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back