Practice rooms in dublin...list them (1 Viewer)

GARYXKNIFEDX

Solutions
Website
Visit site
Please,after booking and confirming a practice for tonight,only to be left outside because the place is now closed,I(we)need somewhere to make noise. So,where is it possible to book practices,how much do they charge and what is supplied?
Thanks.

Loop - 70 euro for five hours - PA, mics, Drumkit and amps. Decent enough gear and rooms

Applerock - don't bother.

There's a place off Gardiner street but the rooms aren't in any way sound proofed

Rebel studios - dont know the price - its a new place in east wall somewhere and they have a 'chill out room'. I havent been there yet.

Theyre all around the same price

There's a place off clanbrasil st., near the kitty o'shea pub, sss'not bad
Ph. 01 4731050

Blackpitts? Thats around Clanbrassil street. I think its fairly good. Called the Rehearsal Room, or something inventive like that.

Gary's back rocking again. Deadly!

www.rehearsal-room.com

i like it a lot, nice ventilated rooms, reasonable gear for practicing with, plus they sell strings/plecs etc, which is bleedin handy. you can book everything online too

i think the night time sessions are pricey enough, but daytime is something like 12 an hour. wouldn't really go anywhere else

Yeah that and the poxy booking system won't let me select anything except January 2005.

From the creators' site: "we are currently working on our portfolio".. jesus lads don't give up the day job! :)

Thanks for all those so far,Keep them coming though,there's gotta be loads more. I'm sure other people will find it helpful too.

Two little words....AVOID LOOP.

You're more likely to get electrocuted than come out with a good song.

They charge 75 euro (incl an extra 5 for a snare!).

The wiring is dangerous. Sockets not working etc. No Parking either except onstreet...off O'Connell Street down a lane!!

The Rehearsal Room in BlackPitts is far better and staff are deadly helpful.

No vested interest in either studio.

Some reasons for going with the rehearsal room in Blackpitts.
Helpful staff
Decent sized car park
Ventilated rooms
Gear is generally in good nick
Free Tea and Coffee facilities....nice.
You can smoke cigs or joints or crack or whatever you like upstairs outside the kitchen....indoors! The staff dont give a fuck, in fact they even leave ash-trays scattered around the place for ones convenience!

The only draw back as far as I can see is that they dont really have much storage space for gear. Although I think Seamus is planning on extending the premises into the building adjacent to the current one at some stage, which would be deadly.

I used to practice down in applerock but lets face it, the bloke just wants the money and doesnt give a flying fuck about the state of the rooms or the gear. Think I still owe them around 200 euro!!!! HA!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back