Postmodern Anarchism (1 Viewer)

Gambra

Anarchic Harmonics
Website
www.noisenotmusic.org
Anyone got the book of this title by Lewis Call I could borrow (preferably buy) from them? Doing research into this and the closest library that has it is in the UK (nightmare over Inter Library Loans) and it's going for $70 online.

i have an oppinion i would like to SHARE!!

anyway does post-modern-anarchism not just mean challenging the accepted norms and pushing the boundries of the status quo? punk as fuck, if you ask me.
that kind of thing helps to prevent stagnation within a movement, which is a constant problem. people get too wrapped up in what "is" and "isn't" the best way to do things.
i know the saying 'don't forget the past or we are doomed to repeat it',
but keeping an open mind is equally as important to the natural evolution of a theory, and putting it to practice.

-PHEW!

Is this the version of anarchism with the frothy
cappucinos and the round rimmed spectacles and
free fees for rich students?

The other version with the dbeat bands, beer
annihilation and dead cops in burning cars looks
more fun and a lot easier economically to apply
on a practical level.

Just my 2 cents.

Anyone got the book of this title by Lewis Call I could borrow (preferably buy) from them?
... it's going for $70 online.

If even the publishers believe in a society where a free
market dictates the monetary value of radical ideas, what
hope lies left for you and your research, Gambra?
WHAT HOPE, I ASK YOU?

i think you'll find it only serves to highlight the urgency of the task. of, em...refining anarchist theories...

Is this the version of anarchism with the frothy
cappucinos and the round rimmed spectacles and
free fees for rich students?

Yeah man, it also comes with a free post-grad degree and publishing opptunities. Sweet wha.

i think you'll find it only serves to highlight the urgency of the task. of, em...refining anarchist theories...

Pretty much. I have to do a dissertation on something though and at least this is somewhat interesting.

could be worse, a friend of a flatmate i had did a dissertation on the sociology of man utd fans. i had to leave the room when they started discussing whether the lyrics of 'you'll never walk alone' should be included as an appendix.
i heard mention the other day of someone doing a PhD on whether motorways should be considered places, or states of transition. or something.

could be worse, a friend of a flatmate i had did a dissertation on the sociology of man utd fans. i had to leave the room when they started discussing whether the lyrics of 'you'll never walk alone' should be included as an appendix.
i heard mention the other day of someone doing a PhD on whether motorways should be considered places, or states of transition. or something.

Surely it being a Liverpool fan song it wouldn't be relevant enough for inclusion in the appendix. that's just my two cents.

Anything 'post' that has nothing to do with sitting around all day on the scratch, waiting to receive patches and 7"s of bands your mates haven't heard of shouldn't be on a punk board.

Remember that, and good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back