Postmodern Anarchism (1 Viewer)

i went over to wiki to try and figure out what postmodernism is, as i tend to rely on etymology for definitions, i was assuming that it meant something like 'the future', that is modern being the present..

after reading wiki, i realised i have to go to the dictionary to figure out what a truism is. as postmodern is indefinable as a truism. what kind of wingnut defines something as something it cant be defined as i dont know.

still dont get it. anyone got a good definition?

i went over to wiki to try and figure out what postmodernism is, as i tend to rely on etymology for definitions, i was assuming that it meant something like 'the future', that is modern being the present..

after reading wiki, i realised i have to go to the dictionary to figure out what a truism is. as postmodern is indefinable as a truism. what kind of wingnut defines something as something it cant be defined as i dont know.

for a start, modernism happened around the 1930s, eliot and joyce and virginia woolf and all that.

postmodernism happened after that. it's too early in the morning to start dredging all that stuff up from the back of my brain though.

this kind of makes sense:

post·mod·ern adj. Of or relating to art, architecture, or literature that reacts against earlier modernist principles, as by reintroducing traditional or classical elements of style or by carrying modernist styles or practices to extremes.

so it means a reaction against 'modernism'...that's ok i guess...

This thread is in danger of becoming non punk bejaysus.

Well most post modern writing is dense bullshit that goes nowhere and adds absolutely nothing to anything (Lyotard especially, I gave up after two pages of his shite) but there are a few writers who did actually create valid theories (like Foucault, Deluze & Baudrillard) that have been co-opted into advancing anarchist theory since the mid 1990's.

I'm still expecting a WSM memeber to appear and denounce all this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back