post what you're listening to and say something about it (1 Viewer)

SONYMEGADRIVE

this just listing band names shit is getting boring.

Slayer - 'Reign in Blood'
if you don't own this you're no friend of mine, that's for sure. the back cover photo is rad because slayer is kinda getting crazy and drinking beer (i like doing shit like that too). lombardo is lucky he rules cos he's just lookin like a big stoned goof in the photo - but the rest of them make up for it. a lot of people talk shit on slayer solos but that's bullshit and not to be listened to. pretty much a totally perfect album (cept the cd reissue has unnecessary bonus tracks). rick rubin also produced the best track on the new (last) jay-z album. slayer also had the coolest logo - second only to thin lizzy and the wu tang clan.

andrew

Pigs - Pink Floyd

I bought this album (Animals) in Long Island, NY, during one of the hottest, deadliest summers in 1999. We had a huge 5 bed gaff, some good parties, and warm evenings drinkin beer and smokin, listenin to this album and the sound of crickets. Ah....summer. That stuff seems a million miles away from now. :(

Speed Racer said:
Pigs - Pink Floyd

I bought this album (Animals) in Long Island, NY, during one of the hottest, deadliest summers in 1999. We had a huge 5 bed gaff, some good parties, and warm evenings drinkin beer and smokin, listenin to this album and the sound of crickets. Ah....summer. That stuff seems a million miles away from now. :(

Do you not mean Animals? Pigs on the Wing is so nice but toooo short! :(

I'm listening to Baggy Trousers by Madness - just for the craic like.

F

i know to call it a picture disc and not a 'picture lp' so we're even
someone else post something - seriously guys i'm curious!

andrew

Im listening to a Mahalia Jackson compilation

Whatever about Aretha Franklin and Nina Simone, this woman was the granmammy of the whole lot. I dont think Ive ever heard someone sing with such a consistently ferocious amount of emotion. She splutters, growls, heeps, runs out of breath all the time from singing too hard, absolutely classic.

Its all gospel stuff, she apparently sang at both John f Kennedy and Martin Luther King's funerals. Has slipped somewhat into obscurity now, which is a pity. Its very safe to say that when you hear her you will realise you are listening to the best gospel/soul singer who ever lived. By a mile.

At the moment Mavis Staples (of the Staple Singers) is touring the States doing a Mahalia Jackson tribute show. I'd say its the bidness, she dont have the range but she has the character and articulation of Jackson.

Beatles "Rubber Soul"

never really a fan of the Beatles to be honest and have always dismissed them, but a guy in work brought in the entire back catalogue so i decided to give 'em a listen.
I really like this album. earlier i was listening to Revolver - and that is another great album.

i may be eating my words for lunch

nEiLo said:
Beatles "Rubber Soul"

never really a fan of the Beatles to be honest and have always dismissed them, but a guy in work brought in the entire back catalogue so i decided to give 'em a listen.
I really like this album. earlier i was listening to Revolver - and that is another great album.

i may be eating my words for lunch
Damn Rubber Soul. Made the beach boys pee their pants. Damn Rubber Soul.

Rubber Soul is me favourite Beatles album.
Dug out Lack of Communication by The Von Bondies for the walk to work this morning -fucking deadly album. I am working on developing that exact guitar distortion sound. Hmm.
I also like the way the singer goes, "Making slow hayayayay bayayayles to the break of dawn ah-OOOH" on 'Nite Train'. .|..|

joy division-substance
ian hung himself and is dead now and new order were born
im goin on the rip celebrating tonight
hows that amp i lent you working out?

Ed Wood origional score by Howard Shore

Saw it on my shelf this morning ans thought, I havent listened to that in a dogs age...
When I first saw the movie, in the theatre where Arnotts is now i was shocked to see in the credits Howerd Shore's name and not Danny Elfman... Being more accustomed to Howerd scoring more darker movies, like cronenbergs...
Jaysus, giving a reason makes you sound like dave fanning...
Anyway, the soundtrack rules!!!

PULL THE STRING!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back