Popcorn (1 Viewer)

mmm semi popped popcorn kernels covered in butter, possibly the greatest thing in the world.

used to be able to get wine in Blanch uci, drank too much and watched the blair witch project, not a fun night for anyone.

I hate popcorn at the cinema..During the short time I worked there I burned popcorn every time I tried to make it..it was a nightmare..

I know some people don't like it but I never really got the idea of it being 'down-market' before.
Yet I sent it to a popcorn-hater I know and she's all over it - "Food for plebs" she says.

I had never really though of eating popcorn as an indicator of class.

I'd say your class-based popcorn hater has some deep-seated issues of identity and belonging.
I say this as a firm fan of popcorn in cinemas, even though I usually don't get it, preferring Revels.
The day they stopped doing buttered popcorn, a little of the magic of going to the pictures died for me.

I'd say your class-based popcorn hater has some deep-seated issues of identity and belonging.
I say this as a firm fan of popcorn in cinemas, even though I usually don't get it, preferring Revels.
The day they stopped doing buttered popcorn, a little of the magic of going to the pictures died for me.

They still do it up at the UCI in Coolock, I am semi-reliably informed.
That downmarket magic experience is only a number 27 bus ride away.....

All UCI's do the buttered variety. I wouldnt go all the way to Tallaghtfornia just for that mind, but pigsback do free previews every so often in UCI Tallaght (saw Drillbit taylor & Juno this way) so a free ticket and buttered popcorn on arrival? I could have kissed the native behind the counter, but then I would have become addicted to heroin...

AFAIK most places don't do butter due to the price of it and the fact that people won't pay extra. UCI has nothing else going for them so they can't give it up.

I know some people don't like it but I never really got the idea of it being 'down-market' before.
Yet I sent it to a popcorn-hater I know and she's all over it - "Food for plebs" she says.

I had never really though of eating popcorn as an indicator of class.

Was that in response to me?Cos I don't think I gave an indicator of it being down market before..

And I didn't burn it on purpose..I just couldn't work the damn machine..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back