Policeman shot and killed in the North tonight. (1 Viewer)

scary:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/mar/10/barracks-attack-graffiti

Two 15-year-old boys wearing hooded tracksuits and standing on a street corner in the centre of Lurgan voiced enthusiasm for the Real IRA killings. "People think it's a great thing," said one of the youngsters. "There's a lot of support for the organisation because of what's happened. These shootings will attract more people in. It shows what they can do."
Asked whether his age group had missed out on the excitement of Northern Ireland's Troubles, one youth agreed. "They do miss the excitement. Yes."

Honestly, since the ending of the Troubles, I've seen no decrease in levels of what I like to call "Stupid-Fucking-Prick-Republicanism". Any visit to a dark pub or a quick perusal of Bebo will show you it's as common as it ever was.
But that's something different.
I'm sure the unanimous revulsion at this will continue and I hope that the culprits get snapped up quickly (and fairly) and put away without any major commotion. Otherwise we're all in trouble.

It took a lot of effort and bad things and bad decisions for the Troubles to get started in the 60's. Lot's of regular people had to get fucked around quite a lot before the IRA et al were able to fully develop. But we're as close to 1960's conditions now as we have been since the Good Friday agreement. I don't think it'll ever get as bad as it was, but I think the CIRA and RIRA are trying to make it so it will.

You never know, the British might cut all ties and sack the PSNI and the unionists might move off to the Isle of Man or somewhere. All the people from the south currently losing their homes and whatnot in the recession could move into the vacant houses? Maybe we just needed a reminder that that's what everyone wants.

What I find sad is that there is all kinds of dodgy gangster-esque shit going on in Northern Ireland every day, involving both paramilitaries and politicians, but it takes some lads getting shot before people start actually giving a shit about the fucking crap that is going on around them.

Honestly, since the ending of the Troubles, I've seen no decrease in levels of what I like to call "Stupid-Fucking-Prick-Republicanism". Any visit to a dark pub or a quick perusal of Bebo will show you it's as common as it ever was.

Still lots of people shouting for ABE in sporting fixtures...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back