Policeman shot and killed in the North tonight. (1 Viewer)

Unicron

Supporter
Solutions
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
Fucking cunts, has to be related to the shooting on Saturday. I wonder how far this is going to go.

A policeman died tonight following a shooting in Northern Ireland, police said tonight.

The incident happened in the Lismore Manor area of Craigavon.

The shooting follows an attack on Saturday when two soldiers were shot dead by dissident republicans as they collected a pizza delivery at their base in Antrim.

A spokesman for the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) said: ``We can now confirm that one police officer has died following a shooting incident that occurred shortly before 9pm in the Lismore Manor area of Craigavon.''

Police have been warning of a heightened threat from dissident gunmen for some time.

A manhunt was already under way after the two soldiers were killed outside Massereene Barracks on Saturday night.

Politicians across the community condemned that action as an effort to destabilise the power-sharing administration and this latest incident will prompt further concern.

Am I right in assuming that at this stage they'll just be treated as murdering scumbags & not political prisoners (assuming they're caught)?

I hope this is just relatively unplanned killing. Something tells me it's part of a broader strategy though. I don't think it's a coincidence that this is happening at a time when people are afraid they might lose their jobs/homes etc., or at a time when the British exchequer and military is already strained, nor that it happens at a time when the govt. was about to deploy recon soldiers in the North.

Let's hope we don't get to the stage where there's British soldiers on the streets on NI. If that happens we're all fucked.

nobody could defend this shit really.

Just you wait and see. Some talking head will crawl out from under a rock and go on about the struggle and the Brits still occupying Irish soil and all the same old bullshit.

I can just see the cunt, dirty moustache and woefully out of fashion leather jacket. Or maybe I'm just picturing the dude who plays the mechanic on Fair City.

PE1970.jpg
"It's all about the struggle"

Strategy or not, they don't have the cloak of public goodwill to carry this on in any effective or sustained manner. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to prevent this kind of thing happening on a low level long after any real conflict has stopped. It only takes a few heads with a few guns.

i mean how fucking wrong can they get it? "people are pissed at the recession, its the perfect time to start shooting people again, we'll definately get support from our adoring hard-lefty fans"

Strategy or not, they don't have the cloak of public goodwill to carry this on in any effective or sustained manner. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to prevent this kind of thing happening on a low level long after any real conflict has stopped. It only takes a few heads with a few guns.

This could be a real watershed moment for Sinn Fein in terms of where they actually stand as part of the establishment. Unless the PSNI can get the people involved in the incidents of the past few days I don't think anything will stop the British from sending in people from the mainland UK and any objections from SF to that would be interpreted as them saying that it's still ok to shoot members of the security forces.

Nightmare scenario is if some of the fringe loyalists are emboldened to kick off again too, or rather to move beyond the gangster shit they've been up to in recent years.

scary:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/mar/10/barracks-attack-graffiti

Two 15-year-old boys wearing hooded tracksuits and standing on a street corner in the centre of Lurgan voiced enthusiasm for the Real IRA killings. "People think it's a great thing," said one of the youngsters. "There's a lot of support for the organisation because of what's happened. These shootings will attract more people in. It shows what they can do."
Asked whether his age group had missed out on the excitement of Northern Ireland's Troubles, one youth agreed. "They do miss the excitement. Yes."

Strategy or not, they don't have the cloak of public goodwill to carry this on in any effective or sustained manner.

scary:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/mar/10/barracks-attack-graffiti

Two 15-year-old boys wearing hooded tracksuits and standing on a street corner in the centre of Lurgan voiced enthusiasm for the Real IRA killings
Asked whether his age group had missed out on the excitement of Northern Ireland's Troubles, one youth agreed. "They do miss the excitement. Yes."

two sides of the same coin. on a large scale, people will be appalled by this - the support certainly won't be there. it's these young fuckers with some romantic view of a 'united ireland' that will be happy to get involved in this fuckery.
these three executions worry me. if these cunts are happy to murder at close range - which is a very intimate form of killing - i wonder will they also have no problem taking hits on a larger scale in certain neighbourhoods. hope this is snuffed out asap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back