polar web-site address? (1 Viewer)

Zip up yr boots etc
very enjoyable
yes indeed everyone should have on e
Originally posted by Burgerbarbaby
Capratone......the Napalm Death of the Irish indie scene! :D ;)

Seriously though, I bought a cd yesterday, right, and it is fucking brilliant, and it has a Capratone track on it. I can't remember the full name - something like "get your boots on for the showbands".
Anyway, it's a compilation from '96, mostly centering around Blunt and Dirt and a few other labels. It has Rekollector from the Idiots, a brilliant Amusement track which isn't on the album, that Capratone track, Bambi, Decal, Pet Lamb, Jackbeast, Wormhole (best track on it along with the Idiots. Amazing stuff), Sack, Pet Lamb, Female Hercules and Jubilee Allstars, and LOADS more. I enjoyed pretty much every song on it, it's like being back in '96 for a while. Lovely stuff.

Listening to Bambi and Female Hercules in particular, I was thinking someone should send those songs to whatever musical svengali out there is responsible for the current proliferation of nauseating "Rawwk" bands, as an example of how good 1-2-3-4-balls-to-the-wall-punch-the-air rock can sound.

Here's the punchline: cd is 3 euro . In Road. The guy behind the counter said some had been found by the person who made them.
Everybody should have one.

GrrrrRRRRRRrrRRRRRRRR: Come the revolution, YOU will be first against the wall. Now CEASE this infernal prattling. ;)

Originally posted by d.o.b
anyone on-line know it?
cheers

cheers for that. see how a simple question on one subject can spark off much talk on various kinds of but not really associated stuff. i like it so here goes.

not in fact associated at all...

iris magazine have a showcase on tbmc tonight.Berkley, derrick devine, mumblin deaf ro and others... www.irismagazine.net... sound great good bad effin awful to anyone?.. they're set to go to print early autumn apparently...

Originally posted by old
Besides, Andrew's songs are coming out now as the Asteroids. Not at any great pace, admittedly.
Damn bands keep slowing him up!

nowt to do with me!:rolleyes:

the man's a slow burner but the quality's real good

he played me one the other day, it was nice

flawed...

Originally posted by GrRrrrR
Your magazine link is fatally flawed. Anyway, who needs new Irish mags? What we need is to get the NME over, they know what to do.

( !ironyyy )

www.irismagazine.net

note to self must stop putting three dots after everthing i type...
just saw the (!ironyyy) bit of your post... phew!... damnnabit! i'm at it again.. and AGAIN AND... aarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back