polar web-site address? (1 Viewer)

I always get really confused when people talk about Polar. Is this the same band that used to play around Dublin in the 1999-2000 era? They had a bass player, guitar player and drum machine and keyboards too I think. One of the was "Gib" that helps out with U:Mack stuff sometimes.

Before they were called Polar they called themselves "Daughters of the Swan" (which was a terrible name, we're all glad they changed it)

Is this the same band or not?

-Thayl

Me and my boys, The 66 Electric, happen to be playing Whelans with these smart sensible God fearing men on Monday 31st of March with Derrick Devine heaped on for good measure.

Got to start plugging this bitch sooner or later and for that i am truly sorry.

Originally posted by Thayl
Before they were called Polar they called themselves "Daughters of the Swan" (which was a terrible name, we're all glad they changed it)

Saw them back in the day. Quite good. Totally different band to the 'current' polar.

day six.
"Ate the last of the huskies. said to the rest of the lads "I'm going out, I may be some time". Turns out it was too cold outside the tent to even piss, so came back in, and ate some more whale meat that I found on my tenis raquet shoes. Some one farted in the tent near the candle we were warming ourselves by and caused a small fire. Shacleton never had any of this crap to deal with I can tell you. Eventually fell asleep dreaming of ships buiscuts and a hot toddy. Why did I come here to this frozen waste."

.....oh i thought you said tell me you frozen wasteland experiences..it's early o.k. i can still taste the toothpaste.

Originally posted by Latex lizzie
day six.
"Ate the last of the huskies. said to the rest of the lads "I'm going out, I may be some time". Turns out it was too cold outside the tent to even piss, so came back in, and ate some more whale meat that I found on my tenis raquet shoes. Some one farted in the tent near the candle we were warming ourselves by and caused a small fire. Shacleton never had any of this crap to deal with I can tell you. Eventually fell asleep dreaming of ships buiscuts and a hot toddy. Why did I come here to this frozen waste."

....oh i thought you said tell me you frozen wasteland experiences..it's early o.k. i can still taste the toothpaste.

:D :D :D :D

Here, this is brilliant.

Here. Maybe it's time for another never-ending story?

(runs off quickly hoping to avoid the rotten vegetables being flung at him by Pete. And possible banning.)

Originally posted by Pantone247
I hate that... when a band change line up almost completely but keep peddling on under the old name...

fucking rock star

Originally posted by Pantone247
I hate that... when a band change line up almost completely but keep peddling on under the old name...

Capratone......the Napalm Death of the Irish indie scene! :D ;)

Seriously though, I bought a cd yesterday, right, and it is fucking brilliant, and it has a Capratone track on it. I can't remember the full name - something like "get your boots on for the showbands".
Anyway, it's a compilation from '96, mostly centering around Blunt and Dirt and a few other labels. It has Rekollector from the Idiots, a brilliant Amusement track which isn't on the album, that Capratone track, Bambi, Decal, Pet Lamb, Jackbeast, Wormhole (best track on it along with the Idiots. Amazing stuff), Sack, Pet Lamb, Female Hercules and Jubilee Allstars, and LOADS more. I enjoyed pretty much every song on it, it's like being back in '96 for a while. Lovely stuff.

Listening to Bambi and Female Hercules in particular, I was thinking someone should send those songs to whatever musical svengali out there is responsible for the current proliferation of nauseating "Rawwk" bands, as an example of how good 1-2-3-4-balls-to-the-wall-punch-the-air rock can sound.

Here's the punchline: cd is 3 euro . In Road. The guy behind the counter said some had been found by the person who made them.
Everybody should have one.

GrrrrRRRRRRrrRRRRRRRR: Come the revolution, YOU will be first against the wall. Now CEASE this infernal prattling. ;)

that capratone track is from the original line ups unreleased lp, 'le plus roll', which was utterly brilliant.
they spent loads recording it then scrapped it cos they didn't like the singing, and it's a lost classic.
some amazing songs.

make joss release it, someone.

I got a copy of 'le plus roll' a while back, it is amazing.
It should so see the light of day in some shape or form.

Taking it all in account there is actually more unreleased Capratone stuff then released stuff at present... by ratio of about 4:1 I reckon.... craxy.

Someday there will be the mother of all box sets ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back