Plethora Club (1 Viewer)

mugwump

just to remind youse all..

A new club is starting on Wednesday, 28th November in Doyle's right beside Trinity. It's on the first floor and it's £3 at the door. There will be four acts playing. Three of them are (more or less) new acts, so I'll give a brief description of them.

=> Niall McGarty. A very accomplished singer/songwriter who will be playing mostly his own music.

=> Phil Grier and Alan Maguire. These guys will be doing an electronica set. Alan has a background playing Bluegrass and has been known to have played with the Tom Waits band in San Francisco. Phil is a student of Music Technology and has been coming up with some seriously impressive electronica songs over the past year.

=> Cian O'Hara and Dave Creevy. These guys are students of the Irish College of Music and will be putting on a few classical guitar pieces.

=> Jimmy Beehan. Jimmy is known a to good number of you here and has been making very positive ripples in the Dublin music scene recently.

We will also be putting on a couple of DJ sets (well, putting on c.ds! Won't be very much mixing).

One of them is Mugwump who'll be playing amongs other things some gerling, thingy, tortoise and rednecks.

Another is Brian Farrell. The music Brian will be putting on will be predominantly electronica, but he is known to throw on a few Frank Zappa tunes as well as the occasional classical piece!

If it's a success we should be able to hold onto Doyle's, so hopefully you can come along. We are looking for more people to get involved and for more ideas.

We are looking into getting SOME free beer (can't promise anything). We're also thinking of maybe having a raffle and perhaps some other entertainment.

So, that's the story. It's central and near to the train station and buses in case you need to get the last bus/train home. It's on at a good time (8p.m. to 12.30a.m.). And it's only £3. So hope to see you there.....

Fab and groundbreaking though the beloved Lazybird is, plenty more of this sort of thing is needed in Dublin to release the youth-choking stranglehold of yer Kitchens, yer Ri-Ras and yer Switches.

Good luck with it, boss.

people good, people bad....

sounds deadly.

but by an unfortunate coincidence, its the same night the Saw Doctors are playing in the Maynooth SU and da booze is already callin my name...

Well done, Billy. What a cool evening. Well, the bit of it that I saw. But I still maintain that was pretty damn cool.

Mneh....

Whaddya gonna do? a drowsy numbness pained my senses, and it went from bad to worse, so Lethe-wards I sank, as quick as I could.

It was the flu, btw, not the fine music.

So how was J*** L?
Deadly, I'll wager....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back