place to stay in sligo (1 Viewer)

closed groove

Website
distrotable.com
alright I was asked to post up some places to stay for the night of the SUBHUMANS gig in Sligo
here is some hostels that are close enough to the centre of town/train and bus station
there is the railway hostel I could only find a phone number for them (071)9144530
there is the harbour house hostel www.harbourhousehostel.com
the white house hostel I could only find the number for tis place aswell (071)9145160
the B&Bs are all like 20-30 minutes walk from the bus/train station
this is the closest of the B&Bs An Cruisin Lan http://www.cruiscinlan.com/
Stradbrook www.stradbrook.com
Pearse Lodge http://www.irish-bnb.com/pearse/index.html
there are some places to stay or you could just come down and do what jasper said ''get on stage at the end and make an annnouncement over mic that you need somehwere to crash''

alright I was asked to post up some places to stay for the night of the SUBHUMANS gig in Sligo
here is some hostels that are close enough to the centre of town/train and bus station
there is the railway hostel I could only find a phone number for them (071)9144530
there is the harbour house hostel www.harbourhousehostel.com
the white house hostel I could only find the number for tis place aswell (071)9145160
the B&Bs are all like 20-30 minutes walk from the bus/train station
this is the closest of the B&Bs An Cruisin Lan http://www.cruiscinlan.com/
Stradbrook www.stradbrook.com
Pearse Lodge http://www.irish-bnb.com/pearse/index.html
there are some places to stay or you could just come down and do what jasper said ''get on stage at the end and make an annnouncement over mic that you need somehwere to crash''
Which one is nearest to the gig?

I would say either Stradbrook and Pearse Lodge are probably the nearest to the venue!
there is not much of a difference really all the places are in sligo town and sligo isnt really a major city! I would say that Pearse Lodge and Stradbrook are the nearest though

just for anybody wondering how to get to COOLERA HOUSE(the venue for the gig)
COOLERA HOUSE is situated at Ransboro, Sligo, which is about 5-6 miles out of Sligo town. A good way to get there, if you are in Sligo town, drive out towards Dublin on the N4, take the turning for BALLINA, then almost directly it is a turning for STRANDHILL, SLIGO AIRPORT, R292, go along this road about 4 miles, COOLERA HOUSE will be on your right.
If you come by bus or train, it would be best to get a taxi from the station. I have no idea how much this may cost.

AMAZINGLY YES SLIGO HAS AIRPORT!!!!!!! well technically sligo town doesnt it is a wee surfing town around 6 miles away from sligo called strandhill has an airport! but it is called sligo airport

EH. IT WAS A EARLY GIG , FROM 6- 10PM, TIGHT FOR 4 BANDS PLAYING, RESTARTS WERE GOOD AS USUAL BUT COULD OF HAD A LONGER SET, SUBHUMANS WAS REALLY GOOD, PLAYED A FEW RECENT ONES BUT MOSTLY CLASSICS, CONFLICT WERE DEFINATLY WORTH SEEING, THE INTRO/ SAMPLES ALWAYS GET IT GOING BUT I THOUGHT THE SOUND WAS NOT GREAT FOR THEM, DEFINATLY WORTH THE TRIP, AND THERE WAS A FEW GOOD LADIES THERE TOO,

THIS ENOUGH JANER??? NO PICS SORRY, ALSO A COUPLE OF DICKS MACHO DANCING ECT AMERICAN STYLE,

U BRINGING CAM ON FRI??

Subhumans were fucking brilliant on saturday nite in London

Restarts were excellent
Lost cherries wernt bad
Conflict superb ,all the greats, i think they plaayed all of ungovernable force album,it ddoesnt get much better in my book

EH. IT WAS A EARLY GIG , FROM 6- 10PM, TIGHT FOR 4 BANDS PLAYING, RESTARTS WERE GOOD AS USUAL BUT COULD OF HAD A LONGER SET, SUBHUMANS WAS REALLY GOOD, PLAYED A FEW RECENT ONES BUT MOSTLY CLASSICS, CONFLICT WERE DEFINATLY WORTH SEEING, THE INTRO/ SAMPLES ALWAYS GET IT GOING BUT I THOUGHT THE SOUND WAS NOT GREAT FOR THEM, DEFINATLY WORTH THE TRIP, AND THERE WAS A FEW GOOD LADIES THERE TOO,

THIS ENOUGH JANER??? NO PICS SORRY, ALSO A COUPLE OF DICKS MACHO DANCING ECT AMERICAN STYLE,

U BRINGING CAM ON FRI??
Sound for Conflict does be bad alot for some reason, Cam probs.

Subhumans were fucking brilliant on saturday nite in London

Restarts were excellent
Lost cherries wernt bad
Conflict superb ,all the greats, i think they plaayed all of ungovernable force album,it ddoesnt get much better in my book

it would be a hard line up to beat alright, did ste remember the gig damo?

i remember right up to the conflict intro, then it's blotto city til the next morning! i think i blanked out due to the sound being shite for conflict.
subhumans were class tho. looking forward to friday and saturday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back