• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 14
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 1

RSJ

Website
www.gravelbox.net
So what's the advantage of this pix.ie place over flickr? I can't see myself uploading a load of stuff twice, but keeping one for personal and one for, eh, public consumption might be an idea.

Re: Random Photos

500mb free allowance per month, Flickrs is 200mb?
Irish site and its very fast.
Nicer layout.

It hasn't everything Flickr has perhaps but I just love the simple layout of it.

It's a good idea for you to use just for private like you said.

500mb free allowance per month, Flickrs is 200mb?
Irish site and its very fast.
Nicer layout.

It hasn't everything Flickr has perhaps but I just love the simple layout of it.

It's a good idea for you to use just for private like you said.

The Pro flickr account is unlimited. And for the asking price, you'd be mad not to have the off-site back up. I'd never last on 500mb allowance a month.

I'm not lasting on 1GB allowance ( I know the guy and I am on 1gb but even that is running out with the massive files of the 5DII, I know I could shoot sraw but...I know the owner so he does he kindly reset it for me if I am running out of quota!)
He hasn't sorted out his pro account yet..or what way he will do it either.
How much is flickrs pro account anyway?

Interesting. I've the flickr pro account so no need for a service that only really has free advantages. Is there much interaction there between members?

Heard the guy that runs it being interviewed on the radio today .... it sounds grand.

Marcus Innes?
Have met him as he organised a trip to the Guinness Storehouse for about 20 Pixie users, we went in about an hour before the place opened and we got a goodie bag! and free brekkie too!
Guy is really a nice guy.
http://pix.ie/marcus/407348/size/800
This is him.

Yes I think that's him. They have some sort of deal going with the Storehouse where they invite all the visitors to upload their photos of it to some group on pix.ie and it creates this giant archive of pictures.

I'm not lasting on 1GB allowance ( I know the guy and I am on 1gb but even that is running out with the massive files of the 5DII, I know I could shoot sraw but...I know the owner so he does he kindly reset it for me if I am running out of quota!)
He hasn't sorted out his pro account yet..or what way he will do it either.
How much is flickrs pro account anyway?
why not just reduce the resolution of all your photos janer? i mean, if my browser automatically resizes it there's no need for massive pictures.

Yeah I could but alas I want my cake and to eat it.
Heh!
My photography is viewed by others and I like as much detail as possible.
At the moment ya man is letting me have as much as I want and when he does open a Pro type pay account like Flickr I will duly upgrade to that.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back