Pineapple Express - New Rogen/Apatow film trailer (1 Viewer)

As a side note, I've never seen Freaks and Geeks and was gonna buy it on Play. I'm a 28 year old would I still enjoy a high school tv show?

yes! i've never seen any of these horse shit movies, i bet they're terrible - but freaks and geeks is holds up really well. we watched em all over a weekend a while ago.

were they gonna make a version about the parents? i think louden wainwright was going to be the main character.

Loudon Wainwright is the dad in Undeclared which was a Judd Apatow show set in college..Was pretty good..Not as good as Freaks and Geeks though..

Loudon Wainwright is the dad in Undeclared which was a Judd Apatow show set in college..Was pretty good..Not as good as Freaks and Geeks though..
my dad lied to me then, the bastard!!

God what a piece of shit. I laughed about twice and that was in the first 5 minutes.

Unfunny, woefully paced and 'plotted' (see my previous post!), and with a thoroughly nasty streak running through it.

First film i nearly walked out on since 'The Whole 9 Yards' about 8 years ago.

Can't believe the same people wrote Superbad...

I agree with you entirely about the mean streak which took some adjusting to considering their previous movies, but I guess all of their films don't have to have the same tone.

For the 90 minutes I sat in the cinema I enjoyed this and laughed consistently. Well, except for maybe the first 15 minutes. It's definitely not as good as the previous ones though.

if i wasn't monged out my box i don't think i would've laughed at this at all.so i guess i thought it was ok but doubt i'd watch it again.
nothing more.

I agree with you entirely about the mean streak which took some adjusting to considering their previous movies, but I guess all of their films don't have to have the same tone.

For the 90 minutes I sat in the cinema I enjoyed this and laughed consistently. Well, except for maybe the first 15 minutes. It's definitely not as good as the previous ones though.

i'm not really looking for the same tone i'm just looking for A tone, of which there was absolutely none. By the nastiness i meant more the latter half than the first, the 'characters' (if you can call them that) were what they were, it's more the sadistic side of procedings. I've sat through fucking bloodbath movies over the years but i wanted a shower after this turd burger.

Kinda surprised by the reactions to this. I really liked it and wouldnt pretend to know a whole lot about the whole Apatow clique. I;ve seen Superbad which was more or less boring but don't think I'm familiar with anything else he's done. This I caught on a whim and maybe because of the DGG angle. What specifically are you getting at re: the nastiness/sadistic elements because I don't think i read it that way at all? you mean the ashtray to the head type stuff or...?
I kinda liked how it started as a more or less reality based thing but turns into a Rambo flick by the end. McBride taking out Daryll from the Office in his Daewoo was pricleless, as was their post adventure convo in the diner. "I want to be inside you".
Danny McBride is amazing in this.

It's just me really. I loved Superbad alot. So funny/coarse/sweet/dirty. But this...

How are you supposed to react when you see man with his head horribly stoved in by the bumper of a car, and then for nasty giggles the driver shoots the top of his foot off? i might ad that NONE of this way funny in any way. If it was handled by proper filmmakers with a grasp of comic timing, pacing, direction or even basic characterisation it would be funny, i dont doubt it. But it wasn't so it's not.

I love innocent bystanders getting shot as much as the next guy, but this is just a glaring example of how half-assed these guys can be that even that wasn't funny.
And that black guy from the office, gay? what? camp? what? sadistic? what? cold-blooded killer? what? f*ck it just throw it all in there to no effect.

me love, funny/coarse/sweet/dirty..

How are you supposed to react when you see man with his head horribly stoved in by the bumper of a car, and then for nasty giggles the driver shoots the top of his foot off? i might ad that this funny. Handled by proper filmmakers comic timing, pacing, direction or characterisation funny it was.

I love innocent bystanders getting shot as much as the next guy.
And that black guy from the office, gay? camp? sadistic? cold-blooded killer? throw it all in there.

Good to see you enjoyed it !ninjaaaa

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back