Photoshop courses for the impaired (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 10
  • Views 1K
  • Watchers 0

RSJ

Website
www.gravelbox.net
I just got my hands on a Nikon D70 and am getting some nice shots (for example the betamax format/wedding present gig a few weeks back - http://photobucket.com/albums/v680/readysteadyjedi) but i'm really rather pants with photoshop (despite working as a photo retoucher type for 3 months in the US) and most shots need a little color correction at the least. Do any of youse know of any good books for this kind of thing? Is sams the way to go or are there better ones?

ReadySteadyJedi said:
I just got my hands on a Nikon D70 and am getting some nice shots (for example the betamax format/wedding present gig a few weeks back - http://photobucket.com/albums/v680/readysteadyjedi) but i'm really rather pants with photoshop (despite working as a photo retoucher type for 3 months in the US) and most shots need a little color correction at the least. Do any of youse know of any good books for this kind of thing? Is sams the way to go or are there better ones?

I don't know what sams is but I recommend without meaning to cause offence Photoshop For Dummies.

Also, I will teach you how to use Photoshop for an extortionate hourly rate.

it's USB2 and it's the job. Get one on ebay.co.uk, i got mine imported from Hong Kong, no lens but with a 512mb memory card, and in the end (after import tax etc) the whole lot came to about 750. Not bad eh?

The camera itself is deadly, you get great prints off it, with the 512mb card on "Fine Jpeg" i get about 150 shots, or on the normal setting, you can get up to 500. Haven't used the speedlight much but with the auto ISO going up to 1600 you won't really need it too often. There's loads of settings for white balance etc that help get your shots right, and when you hook it up to your computer (mac or PC) it shows up as an external hard drive - no software needed.

In short - da bomb. More here: http://www.photo.net/equipment/nikon/D70/

You sure about that? My flatmate has one of those mac notebook jobbies and i use that for backup when i need to shoot loads (such as hatebreed tomorrow night and groezrock at the end of next month). Unless the connection on it is firewire compatable too? Check that photo.net review if you're not sure it's pretty thorough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back