Phibsboro Community Garden (1 Viewer)

Shorty

writing at n-1 dimensions
Some of you may have heard about the community garden that has been set up in Dolphins Barn -

http://www.indymedia.ie/newswire.php?story_id=72081

If anyone is interested, there will be a group of people (including some of the people involved in dolphins barn, as well as others from phibsboro) meeting up this sunday october 2nd outside des kelly carpets at the phibsboro bridge (where porterhouse north is) at 12 o'clock to open up/start a community garden. We have tools, etc. So if anyone is interested or just wants to meet other people interested in urban ecology, come along this sunday.

garden_poster_222s.jpg

looks like a crowd of smelly hippies! much easier to garden in the countryside i think....

is this garden near the canal. so much wasted space along the canal that could be used for community gardens.

figur%20guerilla%20gardening.jpg

the canal on the whitworth road side down to binn bridge in drumcondra is lovely now though - they've done it up in the past couple of years and it looks great these days.

MONDOBRUTALE said:
swan burial grounds

poor fuckers.

I wonder how the chinese (allegedly) kill them? I'd imagine their strong necks would be no match against some wanton machete action.

Bag'o'cans said:
I heard the swans started it all when they robbed a call centre on moore street.

Have you ever eaten a hamburger out of the macdonalds in the swan shopping centre rathmines?

broken arm said:
some cities plant their parks and neighbourhoods with edible plants/trees i.e. fruits and shit
Saw that in Valencia, oranges and olives all throughout the park that runs throught the city. Blackberries on trellices for stephens green.

Bag'o'cans said:
Saw that in Valencia, oranges and olives all throughout the park that runs throught the city. Blackberries on trellices for stephens green.

Ganja grove

broken arm said:
is this garden near the canal. so much wasted space along the canal that could be used for community gardens.

Yeah, hopefully. Reclaiming some unused, abandoned space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back