Phantom v Zed (was:mcd v hotpress) (1 Viewer)

Re: mcd v hotpress

Jim A. Morrish said:
There's plenty of out of work journalists out there who'd take the mdc shilling in order to put the thing together.

this is true

Jim A. Morrish said:
but then they rarely get any decent coverage in HP either so no real change to the status quo.

excpet for Aiken, U:Mack, Remedy, I believe The Balloom of Romance gets a regular shout out in the whats on section, as does Club Head Bang Bang too...etc, etc,

but other then that I'm sure your completely right...

Pantone247 said:
excpet for Aiken, U:Mack, Remedy, I believe The Balloom of Romance gets a regular shout out in the whats on section, as does Club Head Bang Bang too...etc, etc,

but other then that I'm sure your completely right...

i'd hardly call aikens an independent promoter

a good point raised - hotpress needs mcd more than mcd needs hotpress.

i wonder where the line is drawn?
mcd not letting hp reviewers into mcd gigs, hotpress completely ignoring mcd related events...

might benefit the independent scene......

la te tum...
as long as they have lots of pictures of attractive boys in HP i really can't have any opposition to it...

Pete Reed said:
As always, obviously I cant talk about any specifics of the case but the update is that we (BCI and Zed with us as observers) were all back in the High Court this morning. Case was adjourned again for yet another week while discovery issues continue to be worked on. Such a complete waste of our time and Zeds money.

Pete

hope it works out for ye. must be a massive pain in the ass.

Alan Latchley said:
Hot Press cannot be taken seriously anymore anyways. It's a frightfully dated organisation in all respects and it would be tremendous to see Niall Stokes' sour grapes destroy the company. Was he in court today Pete?

No, he wasn't in court. These hearings are just "for mention" hearings so its us and a whole load of barristers talking about cases that are up for mention on a particular day. There might be 25 or 30 cases discussed in about 45 minutes. So dissapointed that it isnt more like Perry Mason. Maybe when it gets to full hearing. So basically the only people there would be a barrister (and solicitor) for the BCI and the same for Scrollside/Zed. And then we are just there as observers (we're not a party to the case so we wouldnt generally have legal representation there). Its worth the trip down there to stay up to date but obviously a killer as we get nearer the courts summer break (Last week in July to October).

Pete

Pete Reed said:
No, he wasn't in court. These hearings are just "for mention" hearings so its us and a whole load of barristers talking about cases that are up for mention on a particular day. There might be 25 or 30 cases discussed in about 45 minutes. So dissapointed that it isnt more like Perry Mason. Maybe when it gets to full hearing. So basically the only people there would be a barrister (and solicitor) for the BCI and the same for Scrollside/Zed. And then we are just there as observers (we're not a party to the case so we wouldnt generally have legal representation there). Its worth the trip down there to stay up to date but obviously a killer as we get nearer the courts summer break (Last week in July to October).

Pete

fair play for trying to be impartial, i'd say its fairly impossible.

Hello all,

Back in court again today, and guess what! Adjourned for a week. Next week is bascially the final week for setting dates for this legal term so if we dont get sorted by then, we are put off until October at the earliest.

Just stuck in below the text of a press release we sent out today to let people know we wont be launching as planned on July 1st (funnily enough!).

Cheers,
Pete

"Release Date : 23/06/05

Phantom FM to delay launch date.

Phantom FM is disappointed to announce that it is delaying its planned launch date. The station had originally planned to launch on July 1st. The delay is a result of the decision by Scrollside Ltd. T/a Zed FM to seek a judicial review of the Broadcasting Commission of Ireland’s (BCI) decision to award the Dublin alternative rock radio licence to Phantom FM.

We have had to defer our launch date as a result of this legal action by Scrollside” said Ger Roe, CEO of Phantom FM, “Naturally we are very disappointed by this action especially since it started so long after the licence decision by the BCI was made”. He added that it was widely known that the decision to award the licence to Phantom FM was a unanimous one. He is keen to stress that this is a matter for the BCI and Scrollside Ltd. to resolve and that Phantom FM will not be commenting on the specifics of the review.

Phantom FM’s launch plans were at an advanced stage when Scrollside Ltd sought leave to seek a judicial review. “We had just started a recruitment drive, to which we received a fantastic response and we werein the final stages of negotiations on other key contracts including transmission, premises and sales representation” stated Roe. While the action is ongoing Phantom FM is working to ensure that the station will be in a position to launch within approximately 3 months of the conclusion of the judicial review process. These proceedings will most likely be heard in the Autumn. The station has been overwhelmed by the goodwill and support from both the industry and listening public alike and a new launch date will be announced in due course."

phantom is wank, you'll be just like all the other crap stations in no time.

so being a "pirate" gives you some kind of street cred, you still play yuppie crap.

Hello all,

Back in court (again!) today, June 30th. And to cut a long story short, all the discovery documents are not yet quite sorted and need to be reviewed on delivery so the case has been adjourned for a further two weeks. Effectively,this means the case will not get heard in this legal term and will be put back until October at the earliest.

Some day I promise a more exciting update, honestly!

Pete

Might be some wee XFMing this weekend or next I think.
Phantom case delay = bad cb for all.

That's Kirstie PLATINUM, I'll have you know.
Pantone247 said:
whatever happend to dublin's Xfm???

is it still on the go?

is it still just playing repeats of Kirstie's show?

Kirstie Gold

Hello all,

Just a tiny update. Case between Zed FM and the BCI was up for full hearing in the high court yesterday (October 6th). In the event, no judge could be found so we all had to wait until this afternoon for the case to start. Basically just opening statement from Zed FM today and then all adjourned until 11am on Tuesday next. Will take the full day on Tuesday and possibly another half day after that.

One of you bastards should have warned me that selling out was going to be so difficult.

Pete Reed

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back