Perplexing musical things that make you think "WHY?" (2 Viewers)

I could never understand how nobody told Phil Lynott that the lyric 'Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak, somewhere in this town' didn't work, all the way up to releasing it as a single.

A lot of those Irish folky bands in the 70s (e.g. Planxty among others) sang in a ludicrous Oirish accent. At least I think they were all putting it on, maybe I'm wrong. It sounds silly, lads.

A lot of those Irish folky bands in the 70s (e.g. Planxty among others) sang in a ludicrous Oirish accent. At least I think they were all putting it on, maybe I'm wrong. It sounds silly, lads.

Even worse, Christy Moore singing in a Dublin accent in the 60s

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My why is why do people get SOOOOO EXCITED about a new band from Williamsburg or Seattle or San Fran or whatever that have precisely two songs and a remix to their name? I love one hit wonders but when people act like band x is their new reason to live after a very short period of them being in the public eye I scratch my head in bewilderment. (that is to say, I am old)

My why is why do people get SOOOOO EXCITED about a new band from Williamsburg or Seattle or San Fran or whatever that have precisely two songs and a remix to their name? I love one hit wonders but when people act like band x is their new reason to live after a very short period of them being in the public eye I scratch my head in bewilderment. (that is to say, I am old)

Some people like to appear like they are up on the latest trends, I guess.
Most people like music for more than its inherent qualities. For many, it's like a badge.
Sometimes a new song can genuinely move you though.

Some people like to appear like they are up on the latest trends, I guess.
Most people like music for more than its inherent qualities. For many, it's like a badge.
Sometimes a new song can genuinely move you though.

Oh of course, I love me a new song that I play to death but I don't act like I must see the band live and everyone must have an opinion on them STAT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back