Perfect Pop Songs That You Like (1 Viewer)

from the Smash Hits Awards 1989 - remember watching this one at the time.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

from the same year. scored while slow dancing to this one.

and another from that great summer.

1989 RULES

aaah...

Also, while Smash Hits may have not given out Field Mice stickers, they did give away at least one Felt sticker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brothers are just mean. Mine used to tell me that Paul McCartney had died, I'd spend the whole night crying and then he'd have forgotten ever having said it the next day when I mentioned it. Obviously I only ever fell for the Paul one once, but my seven year old self also grieved for Richie Sambora.

When I was about 15 I was mad into Tricky and Leftfield and the like and I used to carve their names onto the desks in school. One day a bunch of lads in my class started telling me that the two guys in Leftfield had died in a car crash while on tour in Germany. Apparently it had been in the entertainment section of the Sunday World because Noel Gallagher was at the funeral. They even wrote RIP under Leftfield on all the desks. And I believed them too. Bastards!

My sister found a Luther Vandross tape in the bin and was always putting it in places to make it look like it was mine, like in amongst my tapes, etc. If I went on a holiday or to college, I'd open my bag/suitcase and there it'd be. She got great amusement out of this and it went on for years.

That's terrible. It's not as if you'd ever do such a thing to anyone, what with you being so mature and all!

has anyone mentioned "six months in a leaky boat" by split enz? it always makes me want to get up and dance but then after the second chorus bit theres an undanceable section and then another at the end which makes it a bit wierd

Okay. I’ve been giving mainstream pop songs a chance lately and I’m embarrassed. Not because I like them, rather that I dismissed them previously before actually ever listening. Anyone feel up to the challenge of making a mix or playlist somewhere so I can catch up on the last few years? If it is upbeat and I can dance to it, all the better! I’m looking at you @Lili Marlene and @nlgbbbblth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back