People Who Died (19 Viewers)

Will anyone mention the Phoenix Park incident in his obituaries?
I still laugh at how the establishment were so embarrassed by it that everyone just pretended it didn't happen and life went on.

The story about his brother is much more interesting - the gays in the 80s aren't really living in the world of the gays in the present like.

The story about his brother is much more interesting - the gays in the 80s aren't really living in the world of the gays in the present like.
I think the interesting thing, and I remember reading an article saying this, is that apart from his lame excuse that he was "polling the electorate" in a notorious cruising area, that had it been a young girl he was caught with his career would have been over. But as no one wanted to deal with it it just went away.

Different times alright.

Also, interesting to read on wiki that public outcry was directed at the garda who leaked the story, and not at Stagg, who had committed no crime. Maybe that was one of the first signs that Ireland was starting to grow up.

years ago I told a friend of mine, who is french, about paul gogarty’s unparliamentary language in the dáil, and showed him the video. he was very entertained. and so, for years afterwards, he would occasionally jump out from behind things and, in his kerrygold-ad-level french accent, shout “fuck yeouuuxxx, deputuis stagg!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back