People Who Died (3 Viewers)

Joe Kinnear (1946 - 7 April 2024).
Dublin born former Spurs and Ireland full back who managed Wimbledon for years and had a spell in charge of Newcastle.
Joe was suffering with dementia.

Steve Kille of Dead Meadow

aw, I went through a phase of loving these many moons ago. Got to see them once. Great band. RIP

The philosopher (and my personal favourite) Daniel Dennett died.
For anyone interested in the topic of free will or consciousness, give his lectures a listen. He’s a very readable philosopher too, which helps.

For anyone interested in the topic of free will or consciousness, give his lectures a listen. He’s a very readable philosopher too, which helps.

I just posted on Mastodon how I was a John Searle guy at college which I regret now, not least because he’s a shit. Sorry for doubting you, Mr Dennett.

I just posted on Mastodon how I was a John Searle guy at college which I regret now, not least because he’s a shit. Sorry for doubting you, Mr Dennett.
I guess Peter Singer is still around, but I’m dubious of him.

Oh no. I hadn’t heard that. I saw him speak years ago at the National Concert Hall and he was delightful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back