People Who Died (9 Viewers)

like Neil Young gig goers complaining about feedback and no Heart of Gold
My favourite part of seeing Neil Young is hearing everyone complain that he didn’t play “the hits” and there was too much guitar. The Malahide Castle gig was perfection as he didn’t play “Heart of Gold” (which I like but it’s not his best song by any stretch) but did play a 30 minute song that was 70% guitar solo/noise.

I bought Poguetry In Motion at the time for a quid in a shop in Scunthorpe

It had London Girl, Rainy Night..., and Body Of An American on it

Played it to death
I bought that one too, mostly for Body of an American. It was in the Irish top 10 and the record shop in Wexford town didn't have it for weeks

Just found this while tidying. Another one where everyone complained that it wasn’t Heart of Gold on repeat. What do they expect from Crazy Horse?
View attachment 17883
yep, this is the gig a guy in work went to with his wife. they left early because of all the loud guitars and lack of hits. I said to him that this was Crazy Horse, what did he expect.....solo Neil Young radio-friendly hits is what he expected

It was non-stop classics according setlist fm
yeah, thats a lot of the classics
the one thing that annoys a 'play the hits' fan more than not playing the hits, is when the hits are played in an unrecognizable fashion - perhaps thats what happened??

I'd say they just hadn't a clue.

At her recent magical concert in Vicar Street Iris Dement played Let The Mystery Be and invited everyone to sing along but then she played it just slightly differently to the album and nobody could sing along with it but nobody cared

I saw The Police in Croke Park a few years ago. Perfect 3-minute pop songs extended to 15-minute jazz odyssey wank fests

Plus he had the audacity to play songs from the album he was touring, one of which was about 20 minutes and the last five minutes sounded like a Wolf Eyes track.
A friend of mine said they sounded like the Dead C at times that night, it rekindled my interest in seeing NY&CH again too late. One time I saw the Dead C and Bruce Russell thoughtfully stood at the door warning middle-aged couples out for a quiet drink not to come in (they were playing in a hotel lounge)

i saw crazy horse one time at the bridge benefit concert. the stipulations of that gig meant it had to be acoustic only. i was sickened

Users who are viewing this thread

• pete
  • Flux
Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back