People Who Died (5 Viewers)

Quini aka Enrique Castro (1949-2018)
Sporting Gijon, Barcelona and Spain footballer who scored 219 goals in La LIga.
Died of heart attack yesterday.
(his late brother Jesus was also Sporting Gijon's goalkeeper for years)

david-ogden-stiers-dead-social-media-20027888-1280x0.jpeg

David Ogden Stiers aka Major Charles Emerson Winchester III

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My Grandfather's first cousin passed away last night. By far the most interesting person in my family; was an opera singer in Italy for years, La Scala and everything.

Did a little twitter thread about her this morning with some good stories about her

My Grandfather's first cousin passed away last night. By far the most interesting person in my family; was an opera singer in Italy for years, La Scala and everything.

Did a little twitter thread about her this morning with some good stories about her

Wow, she sounds like she had a mad interesting life! And condolences, btw.

Wow, she sounds like she had a mad interesting life! And condolences, btw.

Thanks, that stuff isn't even the half of it. I don't think my family ever really realised what a big deal she was until later in her life.

She once had a recital in Dublin about 15 or 20 years ago, I believe at the Italian ambassador's residence or something like that and my folks were invited as we're from Kildare and fairly close to it. They only really went because according to my dad "we'd better go so there's someone there at least." The place was rammed to see her.

Ah here

His Jam with Andy Irivine on (insert name of most recent weird instrument Irvine has mastered here) on this is just one of my favorite musics ever. Apparently he got flak from the piping community for going experimenting and playing 'new music' with Planxty. Also for the uninitiated, that's Christy Moore sporting both hair and beard and being all impressed beside him. (full on screen disclosure of stoic tradface man is at 4.30ish). Everything he touches on the 'Cold Blow and the Rainy Night' Album is immense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back