People Who Died (7 Viewers)

A staple in pavlos towers since I was a nipper - gold soundz

View attachment 11892
One of the albums both me and my Dad have in our collections.
I was lucky enough to see Glen lay a couple of times. The first time he was at the earlier stages of the disease, the second , as part of his farewell tour, it was obvious he wasn't going to be able to do it for much longer. But what a showman. He still laughed and joked with the audience, and told stories. His voice was still crystal clear and the guitar playing still phenomenal.

Jimmy Webb has written a nice piece ..
<iframe src="Facebook" width="500" height="601" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

Haruo Nakajima, frequent destroyer of Tokyo.

img_0069.jpg

Haruo-Nakajima-Godzilla.jpeg

Haruo Nakajima, Man Inside Godzilla Suit, Dies at 88

Tuuuuuuunnnne
Serious tune.

There's a good story about when the Wrecking Crew were doing a session with Frank Sinatra, who was like Campbell's idol. He said he was so charismatic he couldn't take his eyes off him the whole way through the song as he was playing. And their eyes met several times. Glen thought wow, to just this small connection. He saw Frank talking to the producer and looking over at him afterwards and rushed over after he'd left to see if he'd been impressed with his playing. Apparently all he'd said was to make sure that that "faggot" who kept staring at him wasn't in the next session. Nice bloke that Sinatra!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back