People Who Died (7 Viewers)

The Beatles took out a full page ad when his version was released saying " You took a sad song and made it better"

which might make you smile or throw up in your mouth

Roddy Doyle on *facebook today

-See Joe Cocker died.
-What a fuckin’ voice.
-Ah, man - . But the best thing about him - he taught me the Beatles were shite.
-Hang on – wha’?
-Me brother – he’s three years older than me – he brought home Sergeant Pepper’s. An’ everyone in the house loved it. Me ma sang ‘When I’m 64’ and she always cried at ‘She’s Leavin’ Home’, and me sister said, ‘Don’t worry, Ma, I’ll never run away like tha’.’ But she did – to fuckin’ London. She even met a cunt from the motor trade. But that’s a different story. Anyway - .
-What’s this got to with Joe Cocker?
-I’m gettin’ there – calm down. They all loved ‘A Little Help from My Friends’ – in the house, like. Even me granny – an’ she hated fuckin’ everythin’. An’ I just thought somethin’ wasn’t right. But then he – me brother, like –he brings home Joe Cocker’s version. The single.
-Brilliant.
-No question. Brilliant. An’ me da shouts, five seconds in – ‘Turn tha’ shite down!’ An’ I knew it – in me heart. That’s the way it should be. If the oul’ lad reacts tha’ way, it’s good. If he hums along, it’s shite.

(fuck facebook)

Joe Cocker and Al Green did the two best Beatles covers of all time

Not precious or overly respectful of the material

RIP

Joe Cocker's version is awful. I had actually convinced myself it was a shit song until I actually paid attention to the original. The guy was awful pub karaoke at best.

Joe Cocker's version is awful. I had actually convinced myself it was a shit song until I actually paid attention to the original. The guy was awful pub karaoke at best.

When I said 'best' I meant 'my favourite'. There is, as yet, not empirical standard for judging music.

1969, maaaaan

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

When I said 'best' I meant 'my favourite'. There is, as yet, not empirical standard for judging music.

I have one. I just haven't published it yet.

1969, maaaaan

Drugs have a lot to answer for.

John Belushi is at least as good as Joe in this:)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Jim A. Morrish
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back