People Who Died (12 Viewers)

Some roll-call of classic flicks.

First saw him in Hard Eight. Happiness, Magnolia, The Master. Great turns. Not to be confused with Philip Baker Hall.

RIP.

Two of my favourites were his performances in State and Maine and Almost Famous

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Four people arrested in connection with Philip Seymour Hoffman's death - Independent.ie

Details of the troubled star's addiction have become public since his death and it's emerged he opened up to a journalist just two weeks ago at Sundance Film Festival.

John Arundel, co-publisher of 'Washington Life' magazine, had not recognised the dishevelled figure at the film gathering, even though two of Hoffman's new films were released there. When he asked him what he did, the actor replied: "I'm a heroin addict."

It was only when Hoffman pulled off his wool hat that Mr Arundel recognised him and said: "Oh, you're Philip Seymour Hoffman."

Anyone ever see him in that flick from around 1999 with Bobby de Niro where he played a drag queen. PSH was awesome in it and it's quite possibly de Niro's last great performance...(although it's a fairly low-key kindof a deal of a movie)

Anyone ever see him in that flick from around 1999 with Bobby de Niro where he played a drag queen. PSH was awesome in it and it's quite possibly de Niro's last great performance...(although it's a fairly low-key kindof a deal of a movie)
Flawless (1999) - IMDb

I thought De Niro was great in Silver Linings Playbook. Totally believable as a highly strung father. He should take a leaf out of Christopher Walkens book and start acting instead of starring.

And what's the story with heroin addicts being good at things ? All the ones you see in Dublin couldn't tie their fucking shoe laces. Are we just getting shittier heroin or shittier heroin addicts.

Rip off either way.

And what's the story with heroin addicts being good at things ? All the ones you see in Dublin couldn't tie their fucking shoe laces. Are we just getting shittier heroin or shittier heroin addicts.

Rip off either way.

They're the ones on the scratcher who spend the rest of their day boozing and shooting up. Sure I see them and know them by sight, living where I do. I'd say we have a whole heap of junkies who hold down "respectable jobs" and are good at plenty of things.

Anyway, Flawless. Good flick.

couple of weeks late but defo worth a mention.
Russell Johnson, Ph.d.
Russell_Johnson_Black_Saddle_1960.JPG

They're the ones on the scratcher who spend the rest of their day boozing and shooting up. Sure I see them and know them by sight, living where I do. I'd say we have a whole heap of junkies who hold down "respectable jobs" and are good at plenty of things.

Anyway, Flawless. Good flick.

I still say we need better more interesting junkies. C'mon lads , we're all interesting. Last one on the skag is a prick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back