People Who Died (5 Viewers)

Peter Banks

Peter Banks, the original guitarist for Yes, has died at 65. According to Rolling Stone:

Banks died in his London home from heart failure (and) was reportedly found after failing to show up for a recording session.

Aside from appearing on the Yes albums Yes and Time and a Word, Banks appeared on recordings by Flash and Empire as well as multiple solo works.

http://pointyguitar.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/rip-peter-banks/

Clive Burr

139_artist-300x241.jpg

attachment.php

Just posted by his record label.

Temporary Residence Ltd.
We're terribly sad to report the passing of our old friend, Jason Molina. He was a gifted human being. R.I.P.

Sad to hear about Jason Molina. Only 39 years old.
He put out a huge amount of records in such a short lifetime...

I'm truly shocked to hear this. Only last year I did a kickstarter type thing that was set up to contribute to his medical expenses. Shortly after I'd heard he was doing well, working on a farm, but getting himself back on track. Then there was some new music out late last year (though never officially released that I know of - I never heard it, just heard about it). So to hear this news now is really sad.

I had a cool picture of him on my phone that I accidentally deleted and that I was raging about. He was standing outside Vic Chessnut's last gig in the Button Factory (he played Crawdaddy himself the night before). I took a sneaky pic but it came out really well.

Had the pleasure of seeing/hearing him play twice. He had the sweetest, sweetest singing voice I've ever heard.

RIP.

Heartbroken to hear this. Had some great skit hanging out with Jason about 12 years ago, and he was very good to the Corpo.
Hadn't heard from him in years and years, but got a nice message out of the blue just saying "big hugs!", I guess while he was in rehab. Was sure he'd make it 8(

Just the best songwriter.

Users who are viewing this thread

• rettucs
  • sleepy
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back