People Who Died (7 Viewers)

Donal Broughan, RTE radio 1 DJ and continuity announcer.

I really can't believe this. I listened to him without fail every saturday morning from around 7am and he always played the most diverse and incredible music. I discovered so many new bands from listening to his show.

Just read on twitter that he died suddenly. Only listened to him last saturday, and my saturday mornings will be all the poorer following his loss.

Pretty sure that a lot of people would recognise his voice from the continuity announcements he did, but that show was amazing.

RIP.

Donal Broughan, RTE radio 1 DJ and continuity announcer.

I really can't believe this. I listened to him without fail every saturday morning from around 7am and he always played the most diverse and incredible music. I discovered so many new bands from listening to his show.

Just read on twitter that he died suddenly. Only listened to him last saturday, and my saturday mornings will be all the poorer following his loss.

Pretty sure that a lot of people would recognise his voice from the continuity announcements he did, but that show was amazing.

RIP.

The guy filling in for Ronan Collins was talking about him/playign a couple of songs for him just now.

The guy filling in for Ronan Collins was talking about him/playign a couple of songs for him just now.

the guy filling in for Ronan Collins (if I heard correctly) presents the corresponding early morning show on sundays. I don't know a whole lot about Broughan but I get the sense that he was one of the elder heads in here, much respected and looked up to by the younger presenters.

When I listened to his show I used to wonder how anyone could know so much about music. He had every genre covered. It could be Tom Waits one minute, followed by some ceili tune the next.

the guy filling in for Ronan Collins (if I heard correctly) presents the corresponding early morning show on sundays. I don't know a whole lot about Broughan but I get the sense that he was one of the elder heads in here, much respected and looked up to by the younger presenters.

When I listened to his show I used to wonder how anyone could know so much about music. He had every genre covered. It could be Tom Waits one minute, followed by some ceili tune the next.

They have some serious music nerds in there.

Even John Creedon, who I wouldn't rush to tune into, sometimes surprises me with his depth and breadth of knowledge.

They have some serious music nerds in there.

Even John Creedon, who I wouldn't rush to tune into, sometimes surprises me with his depth and breadth of knowledge.

yea, yer man Alf McCarthy, the Cork lad who presents late date during the week is unbelievable for pulling bits of info out of thin air. I heard him say a couple of months ago that hes 77 years old, and still as coherent as can be.

They don't make them like that anymore.

yea, yer man Alf McCarthy, the Cork lad who presents late date during the week is unbelievable for pulling bits of info out of thin air. I heard him say a couple of months ago that hes 77 years old, and still as coherent as can be.

They don't make them like that anymore.

I stick him on in the evening here when I'm making the dinner.

I like the show, if it's a little hokey at times.

I stick him on in the evening here when I'm making the dinner.

I like the show, if it's a little hokey at times.

It is, but to be fair thats his audience. Its diverse enough to always be interesting and sometimes he'll have an hour of the show dedicated to the 40s or 50s, and its rare you get that anywhere these days.

Sean Bonniwell, singer from The Music Machine.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

RIP Seth Putnam - Singer with Anal Cunt

http://bronanthebarbarian.com/2011/12/30/2011-end-of-year-awesome-celebrity-death-list/

[h=1]2011 End-Of-Year Awesome Celebrity Death List[/h]
[h=2]…and the number one celebrity who died in 2011 is:
Seth Putnam

Seth Putnam, frontman of grind/noise band Anal Cunt, is hands-down the coolest dead celebrity of 2011. Creator of such awesome song titles as “Van Full of Retards,” “Art Fag,“ ”Hitler Was A Sensitive Man,” and “I Just Saw The Gayest Guy On Earth,” Seth Putnam pioneered the idea of turning five seconds of noise and yelling into a song. Move over, Jimi Hendrix! Seth Putnam was captured on film in the middle of The Greatest Rock ‘N Roll Moment In History – butt-naked, shooting heroin while tied off with a guitar cable and simultaneously getting a blow job from a groupie. Predictably, Putnam died peacefully of old age.

[/h]Pic in link. Possibly NSFW

Users who are viewing this thread

• N
  • sleepy
  • dudley
Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back