People Who Died (10 Viewers)

jaysus facebook is gone mad with the thanks steve jobs comments. Thanks for what? He stole other people's ideas and charged shitloads for them.

Don't get me wrong, he did it very well and made his company very successful and all. But his main achievement was probably changing the habits of techno-cabbages. I'd suggest it wasn't innovation though. He took other people's ideas and made them more user friendly, which in turn made his brand (again stolen) the most popular thing in the universe.

Anyway RIP Steve. No one should die that young.

jaysus facebook is gone mad with the thanks steve jobs comments. Thanks for what? He stole other people's ideas and charged shitloads for them.

Don't get me wrong, he did it very well and made his company very successful and all. But his main achievement was probably changing the habits of techno-cabbages. I'd suggest it wasn't innovation though. He took other people's ideas and made them more user friendly, which in turn made his brand (again stolen) the most popular thing in the universe.

And the brand itself became self perpetuating. He turned computers into those Abercrombie and Fitch t-shirts that just have Abercrombie and Fitch on them.

That being said, I'm buying an Macbook Pro soon because I want Logic.

And the brand itself became self perpetuating. He turned computers into those Abercrombie and Fitch t-shirts that just have Abercrombie and Fitch on them.

That being said, I'm buying an Macbook Pro soon because I want Logic.

Anyway RIP Steve. No one should die that young.

Oh is that all he did is it ? what a lazy bastard.

i read a quote by someone who should be sensible enough to know better, comparing him to edison and einstein.
a bit of hyperbole is to be expected, but c'mon.

That's probably fair enough, Thomas Edison wasn't above nicking other people's ideas (when he wasn't electrocuting elephants)
Also he was a shameless self promoter.

I'm seeing this one a lot on FB

Steve Jobs said:
“Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”

Safe to say that's not on the wall in the Foxconn factory.

In fairness, no room with all the Work Harder and No Bathroom Breaks signs.

7 - No tomorrow quoting Jobsy said:
I'm seeing this one a lot on FB

our time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice.

you'd wonder had he some regrets about his own life seeing as thats kind of more or less exactly what he did himself

apparently its already mostly developed, one was 'leaked' from foxconn a few weeks back. if its true, its actually a wee bit bigger than the 4.

I heard its very like a current Samsung product and after giving them loads of guff in the past about copying Apple they decided to delay it and rethink

Charles Napier. The soundest character in Russ Meyer's Supervixens.

sq_charlesnapier.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Cornu Ammonis
Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back