People Who Died (7 Viewers)

I'm sticking by my potentially unpopular opinion that i had a year ago, a person with such an illness is not in a good headspace to be making such decisions on behalf of such a mass. It is awfully young to go though, poor fella.

R.I.P Brian Lenihan, although you contributed to the calamitous economic destruction of this country ,you went way too young.

Brian Lenihan.

Wool pulled over his eyes by those rogue bankers the night before the guarantee was announced - definitely badly advised.

Took over the worst poisoned chalice ever from those pricks Ahern and Cowen. If the Drumcondra Snake had appointed him sooner instead of letting bankers and developers call the shots then things might have been different.

Diagnosed with probably the worst form of cancer and decides to keep going (and stand for re-election) when loads other FFuckers were heading for the hills. Gotta admire that determination. Most other people would have downed tools and jacked it in.

RIP.

Brian Lenihan.

Wool pulled over his eyes by those rogue bankers the night before the guarantee was announced - definitely badly advised.

Took over the worst poisoned chalice ever from those pricks Ahern and Cowen. If the Drumcondra Snake had appointed him sooner instead of letting bankers and developers call the shots then things might have been different.

Diagnosed with probably the worst form of cancer and decides to keep going (and stand for re-election) when loads other FFuckers were heading for the hills. Gotta admire that determination. Most other people would have downed tools and jacked it in.
all that may be true, but - and it's a big but - he was a senior member of that party and has to stand by the fact that he supported FF's policies.
if it was an opposition politician who took on what he did, yes, it would have been a poison chalice and you'd feel sorry for them. but they merely passed the baton on to him.

plus, i'd question the wisdom of letting a terminally ill man continue as minister for finance during the most stressful period in the history of the state to be in that job. his illness probably did his job no favours, and his job probably did his illness no favours.
it's great for him that he felt he could stay on.
but was it great for us?

all that may be true, but - and it's a big but - he was a senior member of that party and has to stand by the fact that he supported FF's policies.
if it was an opposition politician who took on what he did, yes, it would have been a poison chalice and you'd feel sorry for them. but they merely passed the baton on to him.

plus, i'd question the wisdom of letting a terminally ill man continue as minister for finance during the most stressful period in the history of the state to be in that job. his illness probably did his job no favours, and his job probably did his illness no favours.
it's great for him that he felt he could stay on.
but was it great for us?

His lust for power knew no bounds nor his arrogance. R.I.P Brian and to all those Irish people who committed suicide as a direct result of FF's criminal corrupt mismanagement of our economy.

the pronouncement of the passing of brian lenihan sends a clear and positive signal to the general practitioner markets that thru the decisiveness of his body to take on its cancerous responsibilities he will be able to return to these markets restored to his health of about 23 months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back