People Who Died (13 Viewers)

aaah shite! I'm just watching this..I didnt realise !

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

STATEMENT FROM ‘THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN EARS,’ KAL RUDMAN, PUBLISHER OF THE FRIDAY MORNING QUARTERBACK, BIBLE OF THE BROADCAST AND MUSIC INDUSTRIES, ON THE DEATH OF HIS CLOSE FRIEND AND MENTOR, DICK CLARK

CHERRY HILL, NJ - “The passing of Dick Clark removes one of the largest foundation stones of the entire pop music industry for the latter half of the 20th century. Starting with ‘Bandstand,’ his shows absolutely made most of the hits from the beginning.

Others in radio might aspire to the title, but they had to follow what Dick Clark played - especially, and obviously, dance music. I mourn his death. He took me under his wing and became my guide in reaching the tastemakers of the record and radio industries.

On behalf of the staff of the Friday Morning Quarterback, we send our deep condolences to Dicks’s wife, Kari, and the entire Clark family.
www.fmqb.com

Obituary in the Guardian on Clark was fairly blunt about his past - insider dealing, payola, no interest in music.

I suppose he wouldn't really drum up the same level of sentiment or affection in this part of the world so there's no need to soften the edges of it. If I had to write one for him without research it'd read:

"Old American broadcaster, something to do with music and new years eve."

RIP Bert! I remember this being about the house from when I was a nipper...

bert3d.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back