People Who Died (20 Viewers)

:(

80s-alien-alf-returns-to-earth-in-new-cglive-action-filmheres-todays-buzz.jpg

I went to see him a fair few times in different ensembles. The first time was one specific show where they clearly hadn't really had a sound check and the second he turned up his guitar it was feedbacking. He cocked his ear for a second and then just lands his hand on the exact note of the feedback and turns it into the start of a solo, by the end of which he'd sorted all his amp stuff to do what he meant it to do. Me and a mate weren't sure if this old man still had chops and by the end of that we were firmly put in our place. Over the years I got to know him and would always chat to him at shows. A quiet man and he'd just talk about normal stuff and did you get a bite of dinner before the show. There wasn't an ounce of 'don't you know who I am' in the guy. I was petrified of him for no good reason for months. He'd this great rasp to his live tone which I haven't heard come across in live videos - fuzzy - Knew he'd been ill the past few years and the last I saw him was at a fest where we'd been playing at the exact same time. Had a peace pipe with him and his brother (also a talented player, they jammed together as young lads) and that was the last I seen him. He said basically with McCartney you landed into the studio every morning and McCartney had a song. He was one of the few musicians that McCartney would let play freely (not just the parts McCartney had already probably demoed). I'll miss the nights meeting up in the back rooms of gigs though they've been gone a few years already.

Lovely man supposedly

the brother in law said:
I emailed him for an interview, and he phoned me back personally, hosted me in his tent backstage at Loughrea Blues festival, he was an absolute gentleman with no airs or frills, talked about Portstewart a lot and how he loved where he grew up, sound as a pound

Sad, i was always a big fan of Charlie Bartlett, despite its flaws. He was great in it.

Bernie Worrell : (

This had been coming a while but still sad. I'd only been a proper fan a few years but looking back through his discography he pops up in the weirdest places (on a Throwing Muses album!)

Parliament-Funkadelic Legend Bernie Worrell Dies at 72

this is almost all him
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

he's in everyone's fav music film

and some of his solo stuff

Last edited:
Sad, i was always a big fan of Charlie Bartlett, despite its flaws. He was great in it.
First time I remember seeing him was this
Killed

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back