Pedal Builds Thread (2 Viewers)

Another new one. Echoplex style pre amp/boost, true bypass effects loop with passive volume control, always on tuner out, global mute.

Working on a name for it atm. Any ideas?

229897_433486653352002_1720283544_n.jpg

295341_433486786685322_1438318318_n.jpg

181139_433486840018650_1970318853_n.jpg

DAM already have the Red Rooster (range master replica) so might be a bit close but I do like it. I keep reading the label and trying to work something off that like Fix boost or something.

DAM already have the Red Rooster (range master replica) so might be a bit close but I do like it. I keep reading the label and trying to work something off that like Fix boost or something.

actually wanted to ask ya - could you recommend a basic clean boost that neutral enough to take a basic eq circuit? (even just a .05u/1m high cut filter). I want to make an a/b pedal with a boost on one side to use with instruments of varying outputs (a product idea there perhaps ;-)). trying to slim down the pedal board and replace an eq and an a/b with a boost/eq/ab...

That's pretty much what I did with that pedal there, the boost is for using with his passive bass so he gets the same levels as his actives, mute is for switching basses too, was going to go with something completely flat but I sold him on the EP booster which he's more than happy with. How neutral do you want? Probably the flattest/simplest is the Jack Orman/AMZ Mosfest Boost but I love the EP boost myself. Lots of people like the Super Hard on too which is based on the AMZ but adds a bit more sparkle to the highs without quite being a treble boost. Great thing about the EP is that it has two dip switches, treble and bass, so you can use it as flat or either bass or treble boost and it just sounds great. The split to tuner out is the same circuit I use for ABY pedals too which is a JFET splitter.

Don't go stealing my ideas now! haha

That's pretty much what I did with that pedal there, the boost is for using with his passive bass so he gets the same levels as his actives, mute is for switching basses too, was going to go with something completely flat but I sold him on the EP booster which he's more than happy with. How neutral do you want? Probably the flattest/simplest is the Jack Orman/AMZ Mosfest Boost but I love the EP boost myself. Lots of people like the Super Hard on too which is based on the AMZ but adds a bit more sparkle to the highs without quite being a treble boost. Great thing about the EP is that it has two dip switches, treble and bass, so you can use it as flat or either bass or treble boost and it just sounds great. The split to tuner out is the same circuit I use for ABY pedals too which is a JFET splitter.

Don't go stealing my ideas now! haha

ah there's no such thing as an orriginal idea! as I'd be sticking some sort of eq after it so a bit of sparkle would be good as i could roll it off if required. will look up that schematic and get planning - it'll be the first pedal build in ages, probably wont get round to it for a while as Im still tinkering with an amp atm. thanks for the suggestions!

Yeah that'd work, so SHO then a simple adjustable high cut filter, have a look at the filter on the Rat or Sonic Titan for inspiration there.

You Moose, have you much experience with Tonebenders? Dunno why but i've never really listened to them before this weekend. They seem to fall somewhere between a Big Muff and a Fuzz Face soundwise which is pretty damn appealing to me. Would love to build one modded for a bit more bass so wondering if you'd any experience doing the same?

They're essentially a Fuzz Face just different values. My Dobsky has a lot of Jumbo Tonebender in there. Transistor choice seems really key to getting the germ ones sounding good. Haven't really tried them at all but getting a lend of a couple of DAM Mark IIs soon to try. Must try my hand at one of the Italian/Vox silicon ones too.

They're essentially a Fuzz Face just different values. My Dobsky has a lot of Jumbo Tonebender in there. Transistor choice seems really key to getting the germ ones sounding good. Haven't really tried them at all but getting a lend of a couple of DAM Mark IIs soon to try. Must try my hand at one of the Italian/Vox silicon ones too.

there should be a forum entitled 'moose's solder helpline'

Nice one dude! May try put one together and see how it goes with a few mods.

there should be a forum entitled 'moose's solder helpline'

Most definitely! May get @Pete to make it happen

yeah. i spent about 4 hours at it last sunday. you kind of lose perspective after an hour or two. socketed transistors were inserted incorrectly, so maybe they were blown. will have another bash when i get a chance.

I spent about 4 1/2 hours on sat nite tinkering with an amp, which involved moding it, breaking it, fixing it again, and realising what I had done wrong in the first place. stood up feeling liteheaded, and realised I hadnt eaten since breakfast.

diy electronics, its a curse!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back