pc recording (1 Viewer)

Mr Creosote

Since 2000
Website
youtu.be
yep another question on this topic, this one I suppose is aimed at Anne O'Malley. Where and how much are those boxes you talked about? (the ones that stop electrical noise from interfering with your recording signal in to your sound card?

Quite a few high-end sound cards feature breakout boxes. As far as I know there's only really one budget/mid-range card that has one - the Maxi Studio Isis. These are manufaactured by Guillemot, a French company with offices in the UK. They cost about IEP£320. I got one in that pro-audio shop on Clarendon Street. (Or is it South William Street? One of the ones parallel to Grafton anyway...)

What are you looking to record - as in, how many and what instruments?

Mr Creosote (21 Nov, 2001 04:14 p.m.):
yep another question on this topic, this one I suppose is aimed at Anne O'Malley. Where and how much are those boxes you talked about? (the ones that stop electrical noise from interfering with your recording signal in to your sound card?

I record with a drum machine and sometimes with a live drummer, then put guitar and vocals over the drum track. I do each instrument one by one so a single input is grand, for the time being anyway (I have a digital mike which does quite a decent job too). Maybe when I get some finances I'll try and get one of those box thing-a-ma-jigs.
Thanks again.

A digital mike? Hmm, how does that lad work? Does the analogue signal get converted to digital inside the mike? If so, you wouldn't need a breakout box at all. What you would need, I guess, would be a sound card with a digital input compatible with your mike's output connector. Then you'd be laughin'.

By the way, the thing about the Isis card is it has 8 mono line inputs, so that might be overkill for you anyway. It does have digital outs and ins, though.

E-mail me directly if you want any further advice.

Mr Creosote (22 Nov, 2001 04:50 p.m.):
I record with a drum machine and sometimes with a live drummer, then put guitar and vocals over the drum track. I do each instrument one by one so a single input is grand, for the time being anyway (I have a digital mike which does quite a decent job too). Maybe when I get some finances I'll try and get one of those box thing-a-ma-jigs.
Thanks again.

I haven't used it to multi-track yet -logistical difficulties - but I intend to in early 2002. I'm certainly going to try using software first, though.

So far I've just used it to record fart noises and me saying things like the words "infection selection" and "vote with your feet".

The reasons for this aren't clear yet.

dudley (23 Nov, 2001 01:14 p.m.):
i'd really like to try that maxi card.
do you use a mixer with it, or just software?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back