Pavement 'Lost' album (1 Viewer)

Wheels

Website
www.delicious9.com
Pavement
pavement_cr_cr2.gif

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This October, Matador will be releasing a double CD 10th anniversary edition of Pavement's fabulous 2nd album, 'Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain'. In addition to a remastered version of the original album, we'll be including a number of extras including alternate takes/mixes, and previously unreleased songs. Think "The Great Lost Pavement Album" --- literally nobody has ever heard these songs before. Package will be an embossed, die-cut slipcase. Liner notes from SM, Spiral Stairs, and Gerard Cosloy. [/font]

pavement_cr_cr1.gif

deadly - i got the slanted and enchanted re-release stuff. mainly cos it had all the songs from watery domestic. best ep ever. i bought it at the gig in the rock garden back in the day and it was subsequently stolen in a dawn raid on my cd collection / heritage. 7 years worth of handpicked cd's gone under the arm of a junky. it still hurts.

Donkey OJ said:
deadly - i got the slanted and enchanted re-release stuff. mainly cos it had all the songs from watery domestic. best ep ever. i bought it at the gig in the rock garden back in the day and it was subsequently stolen in a dawn raid on my cd collection / heritage. 7 years worth of handpicked cd's gone under the arm of a junky. it still hurts.
Take solace in the fact that he's probably dead. And as for you Hag...

The 'lost' tracks, methinks, are the Crooked tracks recorded with yer man Gary Young on drums, before he got the boot. Have heard an early 'range life' that was diff'rent enough to be interestin'. Lovely stuff.

TheDonnasTurn21 said:
The 'lost' tracks, methinks, are the Crooked tracks recorded with yer man Gary Young on drums, before he got the boot. Have heard an early 'range life' that was diff'rent enough to be interestin'. Lovely stuff.
ha ha ha, best drummer ever. he used to turn up to practice and make people toast instead of drumming coz he gone done too much acid. what a guy.

has there been a more untogether drummer in the history of rock? his drumming *sounds* drunk. one of my favourite ever drummers.

Donkey OJ said:
has there been a more untogether drummer in the history of rock? his drumming *sounds* drunk. one of my favourite ever drummers.
we agree on something!!! SHIZZLE!

Krocapile said:
what do ye think of Malkmus solo stuff ..first album was good methinks..

I like Shady Lane and Stereo -whats that album again?
Terror Twilight. never got into SM. havent even heard most of it. which is weird cos he was the main man in pavement. the spiral stairs stuff i heard (preston school...) was shite. But i *heard* the S&M stuff is decent.

Donkey OJ said:
Terror Twilight. never got into SM. havent even heard most of it. which is weird cos he was the main man in pavement. the spiral stairs stuff i heard (preston school...) was shite. But i *heard* the S&M stuff is decent.
Tis good. some great songs check out the track 'Fantasies' i think its called. the unique voice and singing style are still present (obv)...I think its more hook-laden than most of the pavement stuff which can plod along a bit too long for my liking..but thats just me

Donkey OJ said:
'twas Brighten the Corners thta Shady Lane and Stereo came off actually methinks

Krocapile said:
Yeah that rings a bell I think you're right ...
yeah you're right. i'm an ill informed felt-mouth. the last 2 or 3 albums didnt do it for me as much as the earlier ones. actually just the last 2.

i love brighten the corners and terror twilight... wowee is class too.

slanted and enchanted is absolutely terrible though. the men could actually not play their instruments back then. luckily they got good. (cue people saying "whaaaaaaaaaaaaat you dont like slanted etc etc")

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back