Paul Brady 'relieved' to learn he is 'absolved' by random internet spa (1 Viewer)

Buzzo

Website
www.iprt.ie
I saw Paul Brady last night. I saw him and Andy Irvine perform their 1976 record, among other really deadly stuff. It was one of the greatest gigs I've ever been to. The venue was lovely- a roomier, slightly posher upstairs-in-the-International (Cherry Tree in Walkinstown), the crowd were mad into it (everyone knew the words to Arthur McBride when Brady invited the audience to join in for the repeat of the first verse at the end) and Brady and Irvine were in absolutely top form.

Whatever atrocities Brady has committed in the past few years, I completely forgive. The man is jesus blessed. His voice gave me the shivers (when he's not pulling his trendy soft rock shit), he's a gifted guitar/bozouki/mandolin player, and he's actually quite funny. Jokes all over the gaff.

(Irvine is just awesome anyway. And he was Awesome with Mozaik the night before in the Olympia. I feel like I've had all my musical deserts for the year in the first month.)

552021.jpg
roolz

Saw the two of them play together last night for the second time in 30 years (the first time they played was Saturday night) and they played most, if not all of the album. As far as I know they're thinking of taking it on tour, and those gigs were to test the water.

FUCKIN MAYZIN.

bollix to me for not knowing about this. I saw AI on sunday with Mozaik. One of the most talented musicians I've ever seen.

I caught PB play a traditional set about 10 years ago. It was a fundraiser and a once-off at the time. He completely blew everyone away. The guy is a serious musician when he sticks to what hes best at.

Hopefully what you're saying is true and they will tour that album. AI always said that it was an album Planxty should have recorded. Its amazing stuff.

bollix to me for not knowing about this. I saw AI on sunday with Mozaik. One of the most talented musicians I've ever seen.

I caught PB play a traditional set about 10 years ago. It was a fundraiser and a once-off at the time. He completely blew everyone away. The guy is a serious musician when he sticks to what hes best at.

Hopefully what you're saying is true and they will tour that album. AI always said that it was an album Planxty should have recorded. Its amazing stuff.

christy moore is useless though, isnt he

yeah this was amazing. After sitting in the bar for over an hour the barman decided it wasn't totally sold out after all and let me in just before the music started :)

I grabbed a setlist at the end so I'll stick that up whenever I find it. And also Buzzo is right about the venue. It'd be great if it was in town.

Holy shit! That sounds great. I love that album too ...

did they have a hurdy gurdy on lough erne shore?

They did. They hurdy gurdied OUTOFIT. Unfortunately, they also had some really sketchy synth sounds (reminiscent of a meditation tape, or the church trying to be cool. Fake pan-pipes through a vocoder) complements of Brado.

yeah this was amazing. After sitting in the bar for over an hour the barman decided it wasn't totally sold out after all and let me in just before the music started :)

I grabbed a setlist at the end so I'll stick that up whenever I find it. And also Buzzo is right about the venue. It'd be great if it was in town.

Were you one of the three indie looking men standing up and rocking out?

Gooooooood vibes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back