Parent's Board (1 Viewer)

Should we have a Parent's Board?

• Total voters
can we get a single forum then? Where all the single people can pretend to interested in each others crappy lives, while lying about how much they earn all the time trying to hide the tell tale signs of the deperate choking loneliness that slowly consumes their souls

you spend thouasnds of euro a year on nappies.

plactic pants that someone ELSE shits in and wails at you to take off them.

dont begrudge us singletons!!!!!! :p

(i actually love babies) - look at beatrice. hands down, cutest/pudgiest bundle of giggles i have EVER held in my arms. (but here it's my friend kylie holding her)

DSC04723.jpg

Tragically* I'm both single AND a parent... and as a result I fit into neither camp... loathed by parents for my semi carefree lifestyle and weekly nights full of sleep**, ostricised by singletons for my weekends of playgrounds and Dora The Explorer marathons and not going to the pub***, doomed to wonder the internet alone...

Can I have a single parents board where I can just talk to myself? *****

* that's not true
** I don't think this is either
*** ditto
***** how long before I'd have a fight with myself and ask to have myself banned?

you spend thouasnds of euro a year on nappies.

plactic pants that someone ELSE shits in and wails at you to take off them.

dont begrudge us singletons!!!!!! :p

as a dad in training (only 2 months to go...pray for me) i would not be adverse to this idea...

i have recently been finding solace in reading about the wonderful world of imminent fatherhood which i am lead to believe consists entirely of flowers and laughter and smiles and fuzzy warm feelings and butterflies*

here billy, give this a read..its pretty funny

0091900638.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

* denial is a wonderful thing

Ahh my wee dude is seven now...:heart: he's a legend. Would be nice to have a board like this to yap about nippers that isn't as neurotic as rollercoaster.ie (though...it is a good name for a parenting site ha ha!!).

the crazy on rollercoaster.ie is really something

if yr ever feeling ropey you can go there and see people who are actually melting down or having their lives fall apart or are just basically a little crazy, and feel better about yourself

Actually...I think there's loads to talk about on it.

Ah yeah. No, its not a bad idea. You could even use it to sort of help you acquire / get rid of all the baby paraphernalia that you use for about 6 months, and then never again.
Here... have you noticed the way that babies just sort of like some people, and dont like others. And they somehow come to an agreement on this.
Babies love me. It's almost a bit sinister. But, they do.
And the don't love Holly... who is basically a nicer person than I am.

I dont really get it. At the start I thought it was one or two babies and people were just saying that to be nice, but, at this point I cant really hide from the fact that babies are just fond of certain people, and not others.

What do babies want from you? I think a lot of the time its to be held, warm and to be ignored. Or is it certain voices? It's weird anyway how they all agree.

Ahh my wee dude is seven now...:heart: he's a legend. Would be nice to have a board like this to yap about nippers that isn't as neurotic as rollercoaster.ie (though...it is a good name for a parenting site ha ha!!).

Rollercoaster is fucking insane. I was addicted to eumon.ie when I was preggers. It was a dark time in my life. Snippets from the message board read as follows -

Oh girls, I saw the cutest buggie in Mothercare...my gynae says...so I just can't stop farting....cream cakes....husband doesn't fancy me....mother-in-law is devil woman....burst into tears in work....swollen ankles...cried at bus stop...bloody discharge....Girls! Go to eurobuggies immediately...and on and on.

Rollercoaster is fucking insane. I was addicted to eumon.ie when I was preggers. It was a dark time in my life. Snippets from the message board read as follows -

Oh girls, I saw the cutest buggie in Mothercare...my gynae says...so I just can't stop farting....cream cakes....husband doesn't fancy me....mother-in-law is devil woman....burst into tears in work....swollen ankles...cried at bus stop...bloody discharge....Girls! Go to eurobuggies immediately...and on and on.

Mrs Snakybus was addicted to that for a while

some bitch gave out to her for letting our kid cry for a while

she was upset for ages

crowd of hussies

Can my uterus have its own opinion page?

It'll be called "A Womb With A View".

You know, that joke just never gets old.

Unlike your children, who will eventually become teenagers and hate you more than you could ever understand. Sometimes it'll hurt to feel so disconnected from your own progeny, screeching, "You're just jealous because I have a life and you don't!" And then, it'll really hurt when you realise they're right.

Then they'll move out and 'make peace' with your flaws as parents, all the while taking for granted that you will even be able to forgive them for all the fucked-up shit they did when they were teenagers. Fucking hell, IT'S NOTHING BUT TAKE, TAKE, TAKE. But you'll be so grateful that they'll be willing to overlook your insecurities that you'll just swallow all the resentment over your wasted youth and drown your sorrows in Old People's Milk and Ireland's Own (which is basically what Thumped will be in about 30 years, if not sooner).

Just sayin'.

WHAT I AM ALSO SAYING, THOUGH, IS THAT CONGRATULATION TO BILLY AND JO! WOWWEEEEEEE! PLEASE BRING CHILD TO ME TO CUDDLE AND TO COO OVER AND THEN TO RETURN TO YOU WHEN SOILED OR CRANKY.

Unlike your children, who will eventually become teenagers and hate you more than you could ever understand.

plan on being one them cool parents that remain 'hip' to the youth trends, stay cool in their childs eyes, get on great with their kids like on telly,

I'm aiming for the da in seventh heaven, or failiing that the da in My So Called Life

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back