Parent's Board (1 Viewer)

Should we have a Parent's Board?

• Total voters
plan on being one them cool parents that remain 'hip' to the youth trends, stay cool in their childs eyes, get on great with their kids like on telly,

I'm aiming for the da in seventh heaven, or failiing that the da in My So Called Life

Oh, okay! There's nothing more amazing for a teenager than a parent bending over backwards to be 'cool'. They love that. Everyone loves that. It totally doesn't cost anyone's dignity, either.

If you can't manage that, you should go for the Cosby-esque 'wacky' dad role.

Unlike your children, who will eventually become teenagers and hate you more than you could ever understand. Sometimes it'll hurt to feel so disconnected from your own progeny, screeching, "You're just jealous because I have a life and you don't!" And then, it'll really hurt when you realise they're right.

Then they'll move out and 'make peace' with your flaws as parents, all the while taking for granted that you will even be able to forgive them for all the fucked-up shit they did when they were teenagers. Fucking hell, IT'S NOTHING BUT TAKE, TAKE, TAKE. But you'll be so grateful that they'll be willing to overlook your insecurities that you'll just swallow all the resentment over your wasted youth and drown your sorrows in Old People's Milk and Ireland's Own (which is basically what Thumped will be in about 30 years, if not sooner).

Just sayin'.

So... our children will all develop into ugly stereotypes... and we will all be stereotypical parents? Cyni-cal, Jane!

If you can't manage that, you should go for the Cosby-esque 'wacky' dad role.

I'm going more for

B0001Z3I1C.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

the quintessential single father role model

You plan to be a housekeeper with an unconsummated relationship with the high-powered female executive who employs you?

Aim high, dude.

look Jane lets be realistic here, the way things are going we all know I'd be lucky to become a housekeeper with an unconsummated relationship with a high powered female executive...

look Jane lets be realistic here, the way things are going we all know I'd be lucky to become a housekeeper with an unconsummated relationship with a high powered female executive...

It's not a bad gig, though. I mean, she'd have a real tarty ma, and your daughter would turn out to be a member of a triad of totally hot witches. Chicks would think it was hot. Bet Tony Danza's getting loads of nubile tail out of it.

Rollercoaster is fucking insane. I was addicted to eumon.ie when I was preggers. It was a dark time in my life. Snippets from the message board read as follows -

Oh girls, I saw the cutest buggie in Mothercare...my gynae says...so I just can't stop farting....cream cakes....husband doesn't fancy me....mother-in-law is devil woman....burst into tears in work....swollen ankles...cried at bus stop...bloody discharge....Girls! Go to eurobuggies immediately...and on and on.

ha! fuck, i thought i was alone in slyly czeching out rollercoaster.ie... their boards are pretty much the same bile. i'm amazed at how quickly i'm going through baby clothes...and how i'll only have to wear a clean top for two minutes before i have milky shoulders...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back