paranoid (3 Viewers)

Yeah i noticed that too that usernames from the gigsmart board are popping up here trying to defend them, and Tom my mate isn't telling an embellished story as he usually dragged me along to your gigs as well and he wasn't the first one to tell me horror stories about Gigsmart.

The reason why I think the story is embellished is because what your saying has never, nor could ever have, happened as far as I'm concerned.

What I'm saying to you is that if you think you've had a hard deal then it should be dealt with properly. Whingeing about it behind a computer screen won't make it better. Personally I genuinely don't want anyone to think they were hard done by during my tenure at Gigsmart.

I've noticed that about you on the Gigsmart forum as well whenver you post you talk down to people like your on some higher platteua get the fuck of your high horse you fucking dipshit.

I don't see how anyone can talk down off a high platteau off the internet. Its not face to face. I don't think you'd be able to talk to me as your typing now in real life for instance.

Anyway if the complaints are real they shouldn't be kept secret they should be answered properly. You or your friend can give me a call anytime on 085-7189920 and I'll gladly suss it out for ye as best I can.

If you're not willing to do this then all I or anyone else can ever think is that your making it all up for the craic. Fair enough?

Any time I've seen anyone argue against Gigsmart, one of the moderators threatens to put up the person's I.P. Address and any other info they can. Stupid behaviour.

That sounds a bit off kilter to be honest. Putting up IPs? Blocking IPs would be the trick I'd say your thinking of and thats just a device to suspend some one who was being abusive for the sake of it, running some scam or if they're just spamming the board. Nothing unreasonable I hope.

Its only an internet board at the end of the day. Odds are if you were banned off it you didn't like what was going on there anyway.

Thomas Brunkard said:
That sounds a bit off kilter to be honest. Putting up IPs? Blocking IPs would be the trick I'd say your thinking of and thats just a device to suspend some one who was being abusive for the sake of it, running some scam or if they're just spamming the board. Nothing unreasonable I hope.

Its only an internet board at the end of the day. Odds are if you were banned off it you didn't like what was going on there anyway.

Nope, whoever the moderator was said they were going to make the person's IP address public. Just got off the phone with my mate after talking about this and he said it happened to him in a thread relating to band called The Last Rites/Rights or something a couple of years back.

I also recall seeing something similar in another thread although I can't for the life of me remember what the topic was.

chutneyfarmer said:
Nope, whoever the moderator was said they were going to make the person's IP address public. Just got off the phone with my mate after talking about this and he said it happened to him in a thread relating to band called The Last Rites/Rights or something a couple of years back.

I also recall seeing something similar in another thread although I can't for the life of me remember what the topic was.

Ah yeah. The Last Rites affair was before we got our new board so it was probably someone mouthing off. The old board didn't have the facility to show off IP addys. The new board does as they are visible to mods but to be honest I don't know what purpose anyone would serve threatening that?

Its not like a 'Shut the fuck up cos I've got pictures of you in bed with a porcupine' type of threat really.

Pantone was in a scrap with us when GS started four years ago and someone put up his password in a fit (it was getting nasty) but IPs? Why would ya?

Jayyyyyyyyyyysus.

Thumped -v- Gigsmart. Yawn.

Listen, Tom Brunkard and Trev M are sound. I, for one, like the way they do things. I don't like all the Gigsmart bands but so what - there are a lot of shit bands out there. You, yes you, reading this - you're possibly in a shit band too. You probably think you're deadly, but everyone else might laugh at you behind your back.

Frankly, at this stage, I've noticed a lot of people on Thumped like to slag off Gigsmart and associated bands without having a breeze about anything to do with it. They've probably never met any of the lads who run GIgsmart or any of the bands but are just being sheep. They chime in to get a few more rep points and a free wank off other Thumped heads.

Listen, you all know it's true! If they've wronged you, fair enough. If you have a valid reason for disliking them, fair enough. But if you haven't a clue, then just acknowledge that fact by saying nothing.

Anyway, back to my original point: yawn.

Thomas Brunkard said:
Ah yeah. The Last Rites affair was before we got our new board so it was probably someone mouthing off. The old board didn't have the facility to show off IP addys. The new board does as they are visible to mods but to be honest I don't know what purpose anyone would serve threatening that?

Its not like a 'Shut the fuck up cos I've got pictures of you in bed with a porcupine' type of threat really.

Pantone was in a scrap with us when GS started four years ago and someone put up his password in a fit (it was getting nasty) but IPs? Why would ya?

Fair enough. Personally I dunno what use an I.P. address would be to someone but it was more the fact that it was being used as a threat against someone with differing views to the moderator that kinda bothered me. Anyway, as Roxy rightly said, the whole Thumped vs. Gigsmart thing is kinda boring at this stage so I'm gonna shut up now :D

magicman said:
i don't like to generalize, but Thumped is for pricks and Gigsmart is a clique for crap bands.

"collective" me arse.

You can just feeeeeel the love in the room, can't ya folks???

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back