paranoid (1 Viewer)

Buckrake said:
‘It was curious to think that the sky was the same for everybody, in Eurasia or Eastasia, as well as here. And the people under the sky were also very much the same—everywhere, all over the world, hundreds or thousands of millions of people just like this, people ignorant of one another's existence, held apart by walls of hatred and lies, and yet almost exactly the same—people who had never learned to think but were storing up in their hearts and bellies and muscles the power that would one day overturn the world.’ :rolleyes:

You are tall and erudite, Buckrake.

Mr Beanstalk. was just checking your cpu site and you might want to check out your play counts cause something seems slightly askew as regards the number of plays on your chart position and on the artist page. tell me to fuck up if such trivial points do not interest you.

my understanding of the play count on CPU is that the number beside the arts name in the long list of all the bands is that the number includes duplicate plays and radio streams which aren't included in the actual chart thingy

also lads have a look at this http://www.gigireland.com/gigireland_forum/viewtopic.php?p=443#443 seems they admitted it FINALLY

he,he,he,he,he ive followed a link from this thread to gigsmart back to thumped back to gigsmart then to gigireland back to gigsmart and back to thumped, it was a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGG trip

Beautiful Stephanie
Beanstalk said:
7.jpg

Ben Richards said:
Mr Beanstalk. was just checking your cpu site and you might want to check out your play counts cause something seems slightly askew as regards the number of plays on your chart position and on the artist page. tell me to fuck up if such trivial points do not interest you.

If its the number count on the bottom of the artist page, then I reckon that's different to the chart plays because some folk may have listened to more than one song during one page visit...not sure how it works, but thanks for taking an interest. :)

And while I'm on this thread...I don't want to spark off more discussion on this again because most people have had their say and its boring now...I think ya'll should give Gigsmart a break...we (Obsolete) have played a few gigsmart gigs, and have no complaints...it gave us a chance to play to people outside the Republic of Mullingar, and made a few friends along the way...not all of the bands who've played Gigsmart gigs wouldn't be my cup of tea, but I'm sure most musicians here have been on the same bill as a band that they would not be a fan of.

I'm happy to say that we've been able to convince some of the bands that I personally like down to the sticks to play, so it is a case of helping each other out...not because you have to, but because you've met some cool people/bands that you want to.

beanstalk = another of the gigsmart clan whos made their merry way to talk shite about how great gigsmart is

isn't beanstalk someone who has posted on thumped for years?

that other thread is really funny - especially the part where someone signed up as one of them and started admitting to taking cash - gold.

you put on an ok show

steptoe said:
beanstalk = another of the gigsmart clan whos made their merry way to talk shite about how great gigsmart is

Let it go Steptoe...you have had your say...repeated it a few times...had a response from one of the Gigsmart people...there's nothing left for you to say.

But worst of all...and I'll never forgive you for this...I've got the theme tune to Steptoe and Son in my head now, and that catchy bastard is gonna be in there for at least a week. :mad:

fair enough so, but there was one question (and probably the most important) that no-one answered (or seemed to want to) and thats what was the dodgy thing that they supposedly got done for?

tHEY HAD QUESTIONABLE HARDRIVE CONTENT
steptoe said:
fair enough so, but there was one question (and probably the most important) that no-one answered (or seemed to want to) and thats what was the dodgy thing that they supposedly got done for?

As per Niall Stynes’ post on gigireland.com:

The Tax thing, we didn't get done.
We were asked a few questions like, your releasing all these CD's but not claiming for tax, whats up with that?
Well Mr. Taxman, we don't take a percentage from the bands for the singles we distribute for them or the gigs that we organise for them. Of course this made no sense to the Taxman, so we explained it to him and he told us that we'd have to register and start keeping a percentage of any gigs and start declaring them, so we said fine we'll do that from
now on and thats what we've been doing since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back