paranoid (2 Viewers)

avernus said:
Funny%20-%20Asshole.jpg

Interesting meeting with his career guidance counsellor to come...

Career Guidance dude/dudette: What do you want to be?
Young chap: A paedophile.

avernus said:
it's also aimed at you.

It's You, It's You, It's You
The only one i want
The woman I've been searching for
And if you look at me
You'll see a lonely man
Who's been too long without a home

So why don't we just get together
And try to live our lives as one

It's You, It's You, It's you
The only one i need
To fill my empty heart

I've never been in love before
They tell me that it's beautiful
So darling let me rock
Forever in your arms

The only one I want
The woman I've been searching for
And if you look at me
You'll see a lonely man
Who's been too long without a home

So why don't we join hands together
And be a happy family

The only one I want
To be the mother of my child

I've never been in love before
They tell me that it's beautiful
So darling let me rock
Forever in your arms

The only one I want
The woman I've been waiting for

Ly ly ly ly ly ly

Hey, GigSmart are really cool guys, it's totally mean to slag them off for being cock-rockers and egomaniacs, that's totally not on like.

They've done lots of good work, I mean look at all the issues of ISH magazine they did and stuff. They're not a clique, ok, they're not bad. They love your band.

Jesus, Thumped is, like, being totally mean to people, fuck's sake. Thumped is normally never mean at all, ever.

Also I hear only three of them are Nazis, so that's not too bad.

they knowingly put on a band with right wing ties a few months ago - i think that is pretty fucked up

Thats not fair. Nobody knew they voted for the PDs.

Jesus lads. Straw clutching.

Pantone that was nearly four years ago now man. I'm sorry. Really. PM me if you want me to hook up with you to give you a hug and a manly handshake. I need to move on. You need to move on.

And steptoe if you've done some 'donkey work' for GS and not got a decent enough gig then it's because either a. You've not done any donkey work for GS or b. You have yet to ask for a gig. I recommend stop whingeing like a little girl pull up your socks and get back in there and get your due. I'll fight your corner for you.

Anyway we all know GS is a Nazi/Communist/UDA/IRA terror group run by a giant green lizard who plotted the famine but at least the virgin sacrifices on Howth head to Baphomet are good craic?

i dont play in a band my mate was involved with you last year for about 6 months and got completely fucked around by you and he put in loads of work helping you out and he asked for gigs and kept being told he'd get a phone call so fuck off and stop talking shite

The only thing Gigsmart ever asked, is to support each other. Why should anyone get a gig if they cant be bothered to go to other bands gigs

Smog said:
Why should anyone get a gig if they cant be bothered to go to other bands gigs

Why should anyone pay to see 4 derivative, joyless, shit bands on a freezing tuesday night in some kip like Eammon Dorans (Flys buzzing round amp lock-up, broken glass on stage) just so that they can get to play some other kip in a few months with some other lame ass bands?
What's the point in playing to people who are there out of some stoic sense of duty and hopes of 'exposure' rather than people who want to rock.
Do they monitor to see which bands go to their quota of gigs or what?

I'm sure not all GS bands are shit but, most bands, in general are terrible.

How about just checking out bands you like or have some sort of an affinity with, go to their gigs and ask them do a gig with you sometime? Why not put on your own gigs with bands you are 100% into and inspire you?
It means a lot more personally and creatively and is a lot more fun.
Does every single GS band think that all the other bands are great and worth working for?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.thumped.com/bbs/showthread.php?p=339662

see what i mean about giving them more ammo?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats bizarre I followed the link to the gigsmart board then they posted the above so I followed that link there straight back over here..

Judging by all the new posters on this thread, some ex gigsmart kids are bringing their agruements over to Thumped-Home of the arguement.

Gigsmart is actually a collection of child abusers and are in the process of bringing over some uber band with Pete Townsend, that bloke from Massive Attack, Micheal Jackson and Gary Glitter but there is problems about the venue, their promoter Jonathon King isnt happy with Voodoo and wants to play Dublin Zoo instead.

Pantone247 said:
dude... I'm under 18... are you 'grooming' me???

Yes, you'll make a fine sailor one day.

Regards the chickens, it was purely mutual and consentual.

steptoe said:
i dont play in a band my mate was involved with you last year for about 6 months and got completely fucked around by you and he put in loads of work helping you out and he asked for gigs and kept being told he'd get a phone call so fuck off and stop talking shite

I think your friend may have been telling you a slightly embellished story. In all my time in Gigsmart the amount of people who did lots of actual work in making things happen I could count on two hands and half of a foot and in each case the whole thing always worked cool for them in return.

If she/he has a problem or feels that they have been excluded though they really should do something about it beyond bitching to you. Get them to call whoever they were dealing with and suss it out.

There's point going off on a mad one on the internet over something you only know about anecdotaly. Its not very nice and it makes you look silly. I learnt that the hard way before let me tell ya.

Yeah i noticed that too that usernames from the gigsmart board are popping up here trying to defend them, and Tom my mate isn't telling an embellished story as he usually dragged me along to your gigs as well and he wasn't the first one to tell me horror stories about Gigsmart.

I've noticed that about you on the Gigsmart forum as well whenver you post you talk down to people like your on some higher platteua get the fuck of your high horse you fucking dipshit

steptoe said:
I've noticed that about you on the Gigsmart forum as well whenver you post you talk down to people like your on some higher platteua...

Yeah, I've looked through their forums a bit over the years just out of curiosity and I would pretty much agree with this. Except the other lad Trev M, or whatever, seems worse. Any time I've seen anyone argue against Gigsmart, one of the moderators threatens to put up the person's I.P. Address and any other info they can. Stupid behaviour.

Apart from that, my only problem with Gigsmart is that the music bores me to tears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back